52

DIALOGUE

< MIYA'S CONDO,
Kitchen Area — 11:31 PM >

Coming from the bathroom clad in a white shirt and a pair of gray sweatpants, Aldrine halts on his steps and pauses wiping his damp hair with the towel upon seeing Miya sheepishly leaning her back against the countertop, wearing a freshly worn cotton shirt and shorts.

When their gazes contact, Miya is the first to glance away.

Aldrine's lips arch slightly remembering what has happened to her lace silk nighties.

Miya (whispers)
I . . .

Aldrine settles the towel on his nape as he walks toward her. He puts his hands on the edge of the countertop, on both Miya's sides, locking her in place. He leans his body forward.

Miya is still perplexed as to why such a specific pair of eyes can cause her bones to weaken.

Aldrine
You . . . ?

Looking away, Miya rolls her eyes in response to Aldrine's taunt. Although she has already foreseen this side of him coming out after what she did.

And, oh, that aftershave.

Aldrine
Ano, Miya?

Aldrine's eyes observe Miya's face; from her long lashes roofing her eyes exquisitely, nose pointed and cheeks flushed and lips that are still plump, and back to her eyes again which refuse to return his gaze.

Aldrine
Ano'ng ginawa mo sa 'kin?

Strong independent woman. Strong independent woman. Strong fucking independent woman.

Miya musters the courage to look up at him. The weight of his stare pierces through the layers of her skin.

Miya
I . . . helped you?