Locked up

I'm steady tryna find the motive (motive)
Why I do what I do?
The freedom ain't getting no closer (closer)
No matter how far I go
My car is stolen (stolen)
No registration ('stration)
Cops patrollin' (patrollin')
Now they done stop me and I get locked up
They won't let me out

Previously...

" kyree black your under arrest for the assault of Courtney Adams put your hands up and turn around please I don't want to have to use my weapon" officer Dunn said as kyree shook his head and turn around putting his hands up as officer Dunn placed the cuffs on his wrist.

" Vince call my girl and my lawyer" kyree told his assistant who jumped right on it.

***
"Mommy get up dads on the news" Preston tapped his mother frantically seeing his dad on the news

" what the fuck?" Kori said once she sat up

Kori rushed to get Preston in his crocs in was out the door, her phone was in her hand as she had desire number on speed dial.

" kori do you see what time it is I just got off a 12 hour shift" desire mumbled sleepily as she answered her phone.

" desire I'm sorry but kyree got locked up I need to drop Preston off at your house I have to go get him dee" kori said panicking her heart was racing she remembered kyree telling her all about his bid and she didn't want him to experience another after the five he just did.

"what?" "Let me call Que so he can meet you out front hold on" desire said as the line clicked kori was already on her way to Harlem, by then Preston was half sleep and now nodding off every once in a while kori kept the Waze app on cause she was doing 90 in she didn't want to alarm the police in get a speeding ticket.

Kori pulled up in front of desire and que's building in no time she seen Que was down stairs with a worried expression on his face holding a white envelope.

" wassup sis?" Que greeted her after he opened the back door grabbing a sleeping Preston out the car seat.

"Hey bro" kori greeted blankly she didn't mean any harm but her mind was on a one track record and she was too worried about her man then anything else right now.

" here for my bro bail" Que said about to pass the envelope to kori before she shook her head " I got it Que that's my baby" kori said before making Que smirk nodding his head before he tapped the top of the truck watching her pull off speeding.

" that damn girl is loyal" Que mumbled before he headed back into the building carrying his newly appointed god son.

Him and kori didn't really have the same bond as she did with Zaire or desire but he can honestly say he liked her personality and how loyal and down for her people she was.

" uncle Que is my dad gonna be okay?" Preston mumbled into ques neck causing him to rub the back of the half sleep toddler.

" yeah little man he gonna be good you will see let's get you upstairs in bed" Que said walking down the hallway.

~~~~ Central Bookings Queens Ny~~~~~

" black you posted bail" kyree heard one of the correction officers say causing him to sigh thankfully he knew if he didn't get out of here before the 7am mark he was gonna have to get on the bus to Rikers something he didn't want.

Kyree was guided out of the cell he already spoke with his lawyer he didn't understand why he was being arrested for protecting himself and his child.