Her heart started to beat faster now, looking at her brother who nodded at her, giving her all the reassurance in the world for her to tell James why she won't be available this summer. 

Getting up and opening the cabin door, Nora swallowed the lump in her throat, noticing James look a little stressed. "I was worried you weren't going to say goodbye." He told her, sighing happily to see her now.

If only her issues were that small.

"Oh sorry— so uh, I have something to say, and just hear me out." Nora said, patting James' shoulder, looking at him. "As much as I would want to, I can't exchange letters with you, you understand why right?"

"What?" Was all James could say, not understanding what she meant by that.

"Things are bad at my house, and if they saw a letter form you, it would be bad. I mean— yeah I can hang out with you during the summer, but you can never be near or even write to me, you're our biggest enemy at our house y'know." Nora was rambling on now, wishing she had a script or something so she could properly say what she was hoping for, James still standing there, shocked.

"Oh." Was all he could say, not believing what has been sad, avoiding eye contact. "How will you know I'm even getting your letters?" He asked with a follow up, his eyes saddening a little bit.

Nora didn't know, but she trusted the owl with her heart, shrugging. "Im sorry James, it's just things at home aren't good, you knew that from the start." She added, making a fair point— in her eyes at least.

Not knowing what to say after, Nora sighed, opening her eyes for a hug, James tilting his head as Nora forced herself to hug the lad in such an open space, anyone could be looking at them in this moment. For a second, Nora felt like crying, hugging James because she knew things were going to different very fast and very sudden, soaking up the last little freedom she had with a boy she so likes.

"Ill see you." James whispers, ending the hug as he kissed her head, walking away with his head down. Nora couldn't tell because of how relived she was with her own problem, knocking it off her list, walking back into the cabin with Evan clapping his hands.

"He's so whipped for you." He said, applauding her for doing that to another boy— Evan still thinking he has a shot with her. Nora gave a half hearted smiling, laying down onto Atticus' lap, needing a little nap before they arrived at Hogwarts.

"Everything is going to be okay." Was the last thing she heard, regulus looking at Evan and holding his shoulder. Her eyelids were becoming heavy as she heard a faint sigh.

She didn't want to wake up, her head already tense with pressure, shoulders aching as she got up and stared at her brother, both having the same thoughts. They weren't always going to be protected at Hogwarts, but when they were, they had freedom.

The minute Nora was to step off the train, the freedom was going to be gone, needing to be the picture perfect daughter again, even if she was a disappointment in their eyes already.
"We're going to be okay." Nora said, almost convincing herself than regulus.

Regulus didn't answer her, standing up and sighing, being the last two in the cabin. "Don't pretend Nora, might've worked at Hogwarts, but we're not safe here." He simply told her, growing cold towards her in an instant, leaving the cabin.

Nora didn't know what she was feeling, but she grabbed her heart and knew it was every man for themselves now, witnessing regulus suddenly turn on her, wondering what she did wrong.

Sliding the door open and hearing her heartbeat through her head, Nora felt pain everywhere, scared to get off. She knew she wasn't the only one, Theo and Damon finally out of Hogwarts and already being a death eater, giving up the idea to even be aurors if they wanted to, their life being spared because they accepted the dark lord.

Sighing and getting off the train, Nora looked around to see her parents standing there, regulus not too far in front of her. There were many things she could've done in this very moment, fake a fall, pretend to faint. But all she did was see Atticus' mother kiss his forehead, embarrass him for a few seconds before she went over to her family, looking down.

"Hello mother, father." She said. Usually she would get one back, at least pretending they care about her as Orion would carry her stuff. A cold shoulder, a slight scoff as Orion only picked up Regulus' trunk, beginning to leave.

She stood there for a few seconds, realizing this is how her summer was going to be, she felt someone come beside her, putting his hand on her shoulder. "Want help?" Asked Sirius . Nora held back the tears, trying to stay strong as she shook her head, exhaling.

"No, it's alright, enjoy your summer Sirius." Nora said, picking up her trunk as brushing off her brothers shoulder, not even looking at him. She couldn't, she wasn't supposed to. But in that moment she really wanted to, trying to catch up with her family, wishing she didn't pack so heavy if she knew this was going to happen.

Stay strong Nora, we can do this.

Praising herself, Nora fiddled with her hands,  clenching her stomach as she sat in the car, sitting by herself as she looked out the window, the sky being dark and gloomy; showing how she truly felt.

Nora leaned against the window as she watched the trees and lights hit her eyes, wanting to sleep again, however she needed to stay awake for anymore that was going to be thrown in her way.

It was a quick drive like usual, exiting the car and standing in front of a house she calls home, grabbing her trunks since her father wouldn't, hardly looking at her. She was already off to a horrible start with her parents, looking at the door creak open.

Taking a deep breath and stepping through the doorway, the door slammed shut as Walburga looked at her with such disgust. "You are no daughter of mine Nora, you have shown such disgrace to this family and you don't even know it." She seethed through her teeth.

"If you were my daughter you wouldn't be foolish enough to play quidditch, if you were my daughter you wouldn't be focusing on studying books than finding a suitable husband, if you were my daughter you would've meant the world to me." Walburga said, her voice cracking.

"If you were really my daughter, you would become a death eater to protect this family, regulus has proven his worth and will become one, why haven't you?!"

Nora dropped her bag, feeling her knees becoming weak as her mouth went dry. Her eyes shifted to see regulus standing with their father, his eyes red and watery as he never told her, clenching his jaw and trying to not show emotion.

"Mother I—"

"No! Time and time again you haven't proven your loyalty to this family! The moment Sirius walked out, you did too!" Walburga yelled, shaking her head. Nora never saw her mother be emotional, tears running down her own cheeks as she sees a whole new perspective in the woman in front of her.

"Mother please—"

"Get out of my face Nora," Walburga said, shunning her for a second. Her heart aches again, her vision so blurry she nearly missed the first step, grabbing her trunk and walking up the stairs.

"Prove to me you're my daughter by protecting this family and joining the dark lord." Was the last thing she heard from her mother, not responding as she silently began to cry, falling to the ground and shutting the door behind her, her emotions all over the damn place.

Nora Black has gone through many challenges in her life; but this one might be the hardest, not knowing what to do when the brother she once thought she knew totally sniped her in the ass, blindly believing in the fact they were going to fight this together, making her wonder if Atticus and Evan have already made up their decisions, needing someone to help her.

[ end of part 2 ]