Chapter six: Weird Stories

That night, as darkness reigned over the sky, two friends shared some dango to pass the time.

"Help yourself," Lance said, sliding a tray of dango sticks toward Kosmo, who took one.

"The full moon has not waned in a long time," Lance remarked.

"This very same phenomenon occurred 50 years ago," Tom'jr said.

"Oh, really?" Lance said, interested.

"My grandfather and several of the monks put a spell on an evil daemon that caused the ocean to rise," Tom'jr said.

"You're talking about Haggar, I suppose?" Lance asked.

"No," Tom's Jr corrected him. "A greater evil is coming."

"What?" Lance said.

"That's why you must go to my grandfather's grave." Tom's Jr said

Lance gives a sigh before hunching over as he asks. "Is that why you summoned me? What's the problem? It's not like the nightly ocean bothers anyone."

"Grandfather wrote in his will, she rises the water without care or remorse, and destroys all living beings." Tom's Jr said.

Lance stood up straight. "I see. Then I must go."

Later that Night, Elsewhere beyond the walls of a fortified and flourishing village, a grave lay in the ground with flowers on top as gifts for the dead.

Near the grave, Hunk sits praying for their souls before he stands preparing to head inside for the night when he looks up to the sky.

"Another full moon?" Hunk asked, "How could that be?"

"The water rises during a full moon." Herschel said.

"The water?" Hunk said, looking up at the sky.

"Yes, the water," Herschel replied. "It rises during a full moon."

Hunk looked at the water, which was now starting to lap at the edge of the village. "But why?" he asked.

"I don't know," Herschel said. "But it's been happening for as long as anyone can remember."

"But the village isn't surrounded by water." Hunk said.

"That is true," Herschel said. "But the water always seems to find its way here."

After that, Hunk returns to a hut where the roof has sunroof letting in more of the moonlight. Hunk walks over to Pidge and Miles who was still resting after the treatment of his wounds from the daytime. Hunk looks over his forms when he notices a small abnormality on his back near his shoulder.

"What's this..." he said, reaching out and gently brushing the spot with his fingertips until Miles stirs awake.

"Miles..." Pidge said softly as the boy looked at her before sitting up "You feel well enough to get up?"

Miles sits up quietly before he observes his surroundings. "Where am I?"

"The village of the daemon explorers, our village. " Pidge said

"Our village?" Miles asked softly.

"Miles...you still don't remember much about what happened do you?" Pidge asked

"I'm sorry Miss Pidge..." Miles said, looking down.

"It's okay, no need to be sorry," Pidge said.

Pidge carefully lays her head on her brother's shoulder in a comforting way as she begins to think about the situation.