~ 7 ~ His Unexpected Present Life

Start from the beginning

Jeon Jungkook creased his eyebrows, lamenting in his heart about why these fellas were not properly behaving as their age. Why be a hoodlum, but as he wasn't their father, it wasn't his position to say anything. He also didn't want to stir up trouble, so he dully said: "Tomorrow, I will pay tomorrow."

"Good, I'm not an unsympathetic person, everybody should cooperate. I protect your businesses and you pay me money as a matter of fact...... I will come tomorrow to collect then." After speaking, the little hoodlum and his two henchmen strutted toward other stalls, bringing them grief.

The eyes of Old Lee had already reddened, he bitterly looked towards Jeon Jungkook, and addressed him by his nickname "Jeon-ha, why do you trouble yourself? You are always helping me pay those thugs, how can I let this go on...."

"Old Lee, don't say such a thing. When I just arrived and wasn't used to life here, I probably wouldn't even have a friend to talk to, if it wasn't for you. You are my benefactor, and this is my way of repaying you."

"You kid..... What should I say to you....." Old Lee seemed to understand that he couldn't convince Jeon Jungkook and could only sigh.

Jeon Jungkook didn't mind and laughed, it was a dull yet sincere laugh. As if the extortion earlier didn't affect his mood, "By the way, how is your wife's illness?"

Old Lee's eyes were filled with gratitude, "It's all thanks to you for giving me the money to have an operation for my wife. Right now she only needs to go for a few more check-ups, take some medicine, and then she'll be fine."

"Oh, that's great! I wish her an early recovery." Jeon Jungkook satisfyingly nodded.

Old Lee gave a bitter laugh, "Jeon-ha, the money you lent me will definitely be returned, if I'm unable to return everything before I die, my daughter will carry on the debt...... Alas, if it wasn't for me, that 100,000 won of yours can definitely be used to open a nice shop. You wouldn't need to come here and sell lamb skewers, and wouldn't need to endure those hoodlum's torment."

Jeon Jungkook curled his lips, "I somewhat enjoy such a way of life, selling lamb skewers isn't bad, it is simple yet able to provide enough for meals."

"You are too......" Old Lee was a little depressed as he said, "Jeon-ha, you are only 25 or 26 years old, other youngsters of your age are either studying in university or diligently trying to build a career. Right now you don't even have a girlfriend, are you planning to sell lamb skewers forever? You aren't worried maybe, but I feel worried as I watch you."

Seeing Old Lee genuinely express worry for himself, Jeon Jungkook unconsciously revealed a slightly bitter expression, it's not that he was not worried, he just did not want to think about it at all.

After the night fell, Jeon Jungkook tidied his stall and pushed the cart back to the crappy apartment he rented.

This was a small apartment that has been around for who knows how many years. The rent for each month was only 1000 won. It's only because nobody wanted to live here that it was this cheap. Unlike other people who worried about the house falling apart, Jeon Jungkook decided to move at the moment he saw how cheap it was.

Jeon Jungkook's house had very simple furnishing, it was mostly second-hand goods others dumped away. There was a bed, a cabinet, a chair, and a TV that could only watch some basic news channels.

After pushing the small cart into his small house, Jeon Jungkook gazed upon the calendar hanging on the wall. He checked the date, suddenly remembered something, and promptly ran to the toilet.

In less than 5 minutes, he took a cold shower and got out of the bathroom. His skin was a healthy fair color, and he has a well-proportioned body that could perceive a reserved feeling of masculinity.