~ Prologue ~

"In this lifetime and every other, I promise to only be loyal to you. Even if I have to crawl back from Hell, I will do so gladly. The heavens may shift and the oceans recede, but only my love for you will never cease, Jeongguk."

This line always comes up in Min Eun Yeong's dreams, but even she knows that she has never actually said these lines to anyone in her entire twenty-five years of life.

Who is she? Min Eun Yeong. Currently, a twenty-five-year-old who faced a negligent family since her birth. She is the founder and CEO of a company worth billions of dollars. The world is at her feet.

But what is the meaning of this dream? Why does she always see them while she sleeps?

To understand the matter behind the dream she must have to identify the person named Jeongguk. "Who is this person? Why I have always known only a name and nothing without those cliché words?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Several Hundred Years Ago ~~

Hanyang's new emperor was completely mad in love. A charming beauty captivated him with her seductive moves and he took her to his palace and kept her as his mistress. She didn't step out but there was a major disruption among a large number of ministers over the issue.

The powerful group of ministers pressured the emperor and offered a marriage. He thus obligingly welcomes the Prime Minister's daughter to the Empress's palace and pretended to be her husband.

Though the girl loved him with her life, her witnessing the fact that her legitimate husband was madly in love with his mistress broke her heart.

The broken girl started her journey to become the woman she was destined to be........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All the world is a stage, and a story is only entertaining when chaos ensues.

In this story, an ocean of lies and conspiracies separates them for a lifetime.
But the dust in the palace will rise again with time,
Every account of the wars of love will be waged;
In the end, only the song of love and regret will remain.