~ 6 ~ Decades-Old Tricks

Start from the beginning

However, he tried to console her and lied to her "No, I didn't get hurt anywhere".

"Really?" the little girl opened her big eyes which turned red as well as her face, but she looked so cute.

The little boy nodded and smiled.

"Eunnie..." Someone called out.

That little girl was Lee Eun Yeong and the little boy was the future emperor Jeon Jeongguk. At that time, she was 5 years old and he was 10 years old.

"Nanny..." Lee Eun Yeong got up and ran towards her.

The nanny saw Eun Yeong's red face and worriedly asked "Eunnie... What happened? Does somebody bully you?"

Eun Yeong saw that her nanny was looking hostilely at Jeongguk.

So, Eun Yeong hurriedly said, "No... I was the one who bumped into him and hurt him".

"You hurt him," The nanny asked and angrily looked at her.

Eun Yeong saw her nanny, pursed her lips and her eyes started to turn red again.

Then Jeongguk saw Eun Yeong's expression, he immediately got up and went towards them "No... It's not her fault. It was me, who didn't see her".

Eun Yeong turned towards him and widely opened her eyes and asked in a high voice "Why are you lying? It was me, who didn't see you".

"No... I am not lying" Jeon Jeongguk protested.

"No... You are lying" Lee Eun Yeong shouted.

The nanny saw both of them and shook her head, she didn't know whether to get angry with them or to console them.

"Okay, stop it, both of you. Little Bunny, What was your name?" The nanny softly asked.

"I am Jeon Jeongguk".

"Jeongguk, I am sorry. I know, it's this child's fault. Whenever she is here, she always bumped into someone and everyone shouted at her, because of her negligence. However, you aren't like them, so thank you so much for not being rude towards her and taking care of her" the nanny softly said.

"Don't worry, Aunty. She is now my friend, so I will take care of her" Jeongguk said with a big smile on his face.

"Really?" Lee Eun Yeong was shocked. She didn't have friends because she didn't have her own parents, so other children didn't want to become her friend. Jeon Jeongguk was the first person, who said that he would become her friend.

Jeongguk nodded and smiled.

"But... I didn't have my own parents. Will you be okay with that?" Lee Eun Yeong asked and pursed her lips, in fear that might be, Jeongguk would shout at her and now he wouldn't want to become her friend.

When the nanny heard her, she became sad. She knew that other children didn't treat Lee Eun Yeong well and even she didn't complain to her about that and also hid many things from her.

"Stupid, I want to become friends with you, not with your parents. So what if you don't have your father or mother" Jeongguk said.

When Lee Eun Yeong heard it, she became so happy that she hugged him tightly and she was giggling. Because of her sudden hug, Jeongguk took a few steps back, but he balanced himself and softly patted her back.

The nanny saw that both of them had spoilt their clothes in dust and Hawthron candy, so she interrupted their happy moment "Okay, come on now, and let's buy some dresses for both of you".

Then, she turned toward Jeongguk and asked: "Did you come here alone?"

"Aunty, I came here with my sister-in-law, she will meet me here".