After that, he was now on the middle of a town that looked pretty empty except for several NPCs wandering around as programmed. Most even have "!"s above their heads, and some were gesturing at him.

However, he no longer had time to play his role as a "Player". After all, YGGDRASIL will be dead soon, and it will only become history.

Sitting on a bench nearby and with his hand on his chin, he began to wonder.... what would his life be if the wars that caused Earth to be covered in thick clouds and made the air completely poisonous don't even happen?

Truth is, he'd prefer being under blue skies and clean air other than live in a world suffering, where wealth can only suppress the suffering to an extent.

Moral degradation was clearly all over the world.

" [Check Player Status: Show Only Active] " He spoke with curiosity, wanting to know what was happening to the remaining players of YGGDRASIL.

A massive screen showed up in front of him, showing every player under their respective guild (or party, if not, on solo), several hundred of them, a few tens already logged out just recently. He began to read the guild's names out loud, yet never spoke of the players names.

"Trinity, 7 members active. Ainz Ooal Gown.... 1 member active.... Great Cat Kingdom, 1 Member Active.... 2ch Alliance.... 4 Members active.... World Searchers.... 3 members, impressive, but it wouldn't take a while before the few hundred players to eventually leave. Though I prefer if they stayed, just for a while before all of us are forced out of the game."

Ragna waved his hand to dismiss the screen before him, laying back on the bench and closing his eyes.

"I could take a rest by now...." He muttered, before a soft beeping sound appeared right beside his head. "... Hm?"

*iPhone ringing sound.mp3*

Opening his eyes, he looked at his side and noticed a floating icon that appeared before him. At first, he wanted to ignore it, thinking about wanting some rest, and felt the urge to tap the red icon to reject the call immediately.

But, his moral codes of keeping a good image even while his death was about to come had held him back from rejecting the call, so he reluctantly allowed the player to talk to him for a moment.

"Player Momonga, what do you want? I'm merely waiting for the end to come soon, plus, the other players are logging off soon..... but feel free to stay. I won't be giving any rewards, though. It would feel satirical."

"Th.... That voice..... impossible.... Crimzon Wolf?"

At this moment, Ragna became silent, wondering about what was his problem, until he remembered something.... peculiar.

Ragna had been using his real self's voice a few days earlier, having given up on anything other than the game, treating it as his last connection to his life.

"Sorry." Will not be enough for him to apologize.

He needs to talk with him.... maybe.

Hunching forward, his inner expression became that of sadness. But maybe, he could still be forgiven? Haaa..... Damn it.... I've always sought after pleasure and avoiding troubles, but it seems like my past sins are coming back to me." He muttered, sighing deeply with melancholy on his tone.