27. Invasion! Really?

(Katekyoshi Hitman Reborn and Naruto are not mine.
"talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy!)

Naruto, "That Dosu guy from Oto sure is something else."

Kyoko hummed, "He seems calmer than before."

Sasuke, "Looks like the fact you healed his arms calmed him down."

Temari, "You did what?"

Lee, "That is so youthful, Naiko - san."

Kyoko, "I could not just turn a blind eye to them after knowing they were in pain twenty four seven."

Sasuke sighed, "Perhaps but I cannot explain why. I have a bad feeling about those three."

Kyoko spied Kin and Zaku in the audience watching their teammate fight in contemplation. Dosu defeated Kiba who was his opponent and walked off without waiting for the announcement. He stared at where Team Seven was then left to sit alone quietly in the corner. Kyoko had to wonder what happened between them and the ANBU, she knew as long as the exams went on the ANBU would not interfere. Maybe they just left them at the outskirts of the forest as well, that must have been very humiliating. After Dosu the next winner was Karin who fought with Ino only to overpower her, Kyoko was surprised by it.

Kyoko, "Hey that cute red haired girl over there is stronger than she let on."

Naruto, "Yeah. Hey, nee - chan, your turn now."

Sasuke, "Get down there and show us what you got."

Kyoko, "With pleasure."

Jūgo, "You are the brat the other team was complaining about."

Kyoko, "Well, it is a competition. No one said we could not use other types of methods."

Jūgo laughed, "No kidding. I like you girly, you got spunk."

Kyoko smiled cheekily, "Why thank you very much, kind sir."

Hayato, "Begin!"

Jūgo, "Sage mode."

Naruto's eyes widened, "What? I thought only Jiraiya could do that."

Sasuke's eyes sharpened, "What fun! I wish I had been paired up with him now."

Naruto pouted, "Yeah, nee - chan got lucky."

Lee, "Kyoko - san's youthfulness shines through."

Neji sighed, "Of course, Lee."

Kyoko jumped away from the punch thrown at her, "Ara Ara ~ The infamous Sage mode, I heard there was a prodigy out there. Never thought I would get to fight said prodigy."

Ino was gaping while being bandaged, "Unbelievable! I did not know Oto had a prodigy like him. If what Naruto - san is said about Sage mode is true."

Shikamaru, "Yeah, this year we have a very impressive batch of shinobi in our exams."

Karin was watching with wide eyes as Naiko - chan dodged and attacked her opponent with calculated precision. But the kunai and shuriken did not do much damage on the hardened skin that Jūgo - san seemed to be sporting. It truly made a fire burn inside her to become stronger and prove to the world that she was more than just her Uzumaki blood. Speaking of Uzumaki, Karin looked at the blond boy who was well known as the Sandaime Hokage's adopted grandson. When word had gone out about that rumour, many had criticized it, calling him a soft hearted fool. But looking at the blond Karin could easily see how happy he was and his chakra, especially his chakra, it felt like home.

Karin was sure he was of the Uzumaki clan not just in name but by blood too and she wanted to meet him. She wanted to tell him she was also an Uzumaki like him and that she was his family too but she held herself back from doing so. She looked at the Uchiha who was beside him holding his waist and turned away feeling her face turn red. She had seen the two of them get really cozy and sweet with each other at one of the restaurants meant for shinobi. She did not mean to eaves drop on them, her hearing is just really good and she heard the sweet nothings they spoke to each other. Uchiha - san had glared at her when he realized she had heard them and she had excused herself.