"Like?"

"I think..Nick Burroughs or something like that. I can't remember." I shift in my seat but keep her body still on my lap. I switch my arms as one wraps around her waist and the other on her knee.

"Actually..my last name isn't really my last name." She admits.

"Then what was it before?"

"Devereux. It was my father's until I was born and I decided to change it to keep me away from CASTA before I had to step in and join the forces."

"Huh. Sloane Devereux. I kinda like it better than Davenport. It's got a good ring to it."

"Not as much as Harry Edward Styles." The way my name rolls out from her mouth makes my face grin. She draws her face closer, eyes still wide searching for something deep within my pupils.

"Any more secrets I should know about you stranger?"

"There's a lot more than meets the eye. But I'll explain it when we have our spare time alone." She whispers. Her hand is now resting against mine jawline, her thumb stroking my cheek over and over. If the house was too occupied, I'd take her back to the upstairs room and bury myself in her evergreen scent.

Her lips, pecking each inch of jawline, sends shockwaves in my body. My hands can't help it and I pick her up and straddle her onto my lap. Our foreheads pressed together, skin cut off by our clothes yet our hearts linger every time she's next to me.

What's more tempting is to do right where our mates are on the other side of the room as my erection is becoming more than semi-hard at this point. Another moan escapes from her lip. I tug on her hair, grasping every strand in my fist and press my lips on her neck.

"God, I wish you did this to me earlier." She mewls.

"Ditto on that." I reply, laying another knick on the corner of her neck.

My hands travel down her backside, mindful of her stitches on the shoulder blade and crawl under her sweater. I run my fingers along her spine, making her back arch in complete ecstasy. I want to turn her on in every single way to keep her in my arms.

"Jesus fucking christ, get a room you two."

I lips pause before leaving a kiss on her neck. I roll my eyes to myself and turn my head slightly to the opposite of Sloane's.

Carter stands behind the sofa looking down on both of us. The stench of his joint lingers onto him as he chugs a water bottle. "You guys seriously can't go 5 minutes without being all attached with one another?"

"Hey we're stuck with each other until we get caught by both our agencies." Sloane defends us. "As long as you don't snitch about our location and yours as well."

With our organizations looking for our bodies, we're ghosts in this world.

"Whatever, it's not like I'm gonna tell anyone besides you and Cade." He shifts his attention to me. "But I don't think it's safe for me and him to be staying at headquarters anymore since we got here. There's eyes everywhere."

"You got a point though." Sloane adds. "I mean there's plenty of room in this safehouse if you need to-

He uses his hand to gesture a waveoff. "No, it's okay babydoll. I'm living in an apartment on top of Angel's Hell. Rent's pretty easy aside from working most nights but they allow me to work on my music more for the live sessions. But thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind since you seem already occupied with your boyfriend."

She turns to me as she gives me an awkward silent look of embarrassment. I don't say anything but she laughs anyway. The way she laughs is a beautiful sound I want to hear on repeat.