Chapter 2

In the middle of the night, a man was burning Ayzel's large portrait.

"Boss, it is one thousand and three hundred ninety-ninth frame of her, you have been burning for the last four years," Osama commented from behind his back. A deep scar was running from his left eyebrow to the outer edge of his eye. That scar was not present on his face earlier.

"Can't burn her directly, so it is the only option," Zain replied.

For five years only he knew how he was controlling the rage inside him. The volcanos of destruction erupted inside him, every day.

But now he was done burning himself. Now it's time to burn the real culprit behind this state of his pain. His heart already turned into coal. Nothing was left inside him to be burned anymore.

"But the good news is that it is the last frame of her I am burning. Because From tomorrow she will burn in my fire of revenge." A sadistic smile appeared on his face and a burning image could be shown in his eyes.

Zain Skidner, once again the biggest mafia lord has returned with much more power, ruthlessness, evilness, and mercilessness. All his these attributes were ready to blast on a single soul, Ayzel.

                             **********

Ayzel woke up with the call of the morning prayer. After prayer, she was reciting verses of the Holy Quran to calm her heart.

" Faa Inn maal usri yusrann, Inna mal usri yusran"

(indeed after Harshhip is ease. After Hardship is ease).

Today her heart was feeling unfathomable anxiety. After finishing it, she was a bit calm.

Then she took out a small photo frame. A photo frame of his Zain. She adoringly kissed it and traced her finger on it.

"Please Zain, come now. I am burning here in your wait. Whatever you do with me,  I will endure it. There is already so much pain inside me, replace it with the pain of your revenge. You are the peace of my soul. The pain given by you will provide peace to my heart." She wiped her falling tears, only to generate a new set of tears.

"Do you know, when you were gone from life, darkness nestled around me? Moonlight stopped visiting my heart and life. In you wait, my eyes turned hollow and empty. The dreams you decorated in my eyes are now burned there. I have been burning in a nightmare. Please just come now." She was sobbing slightly.

"Mama!" the sleepy voice of her daughter startled her. She immediately hid the picture.

Her fairy went to her lap with her teddy bear. It was the same teddy, that Burhan gifted him. It was in a worn-out condition. Its one eye was replaced by a button and had stitches in many places. But it was dear to her and her daughter.

"Mama, I am hungry. Mr. Bear as well." She complained.

"So, who told you not to eat meals properly? Huh? It had to happen for sure." She scolded her with fake anger. Farheen had very little appetite from the beginning and feeding her was one of the difficult tasks.

"Now, wait here. Mama will bring something for you." She cooed her and kissed her face.

A piece of bread with jam was enough for her. After eating it, Farheen slept on her mother's lap, shaking her heart with one question.

"Mama, when will Papa come?"

Never. Her father will never come.

If Arham asked this question, she would have replied. But in the case of Farheen, she never discussed it. Even she never showed her Zain's picture. She wanted to remove the existence of the word father from Farheen's life. Because she would never have him.