Chapter 230 - But it's more comfortable here? (4)

Mulai dari awal

'Is that really the only reason?'

He turned his head.
He could see his son Beacrox wiping his greatsword off. His son did not avoid his gaze and looked him directly in the eyes.
An odd smile appeared on his son's usually stoic face.

'Father, you were caught.'

That was what the smile seemed to be saying.
Yes, he had been caught.

Ron started to slowly smile as well. It was a cold smile that was far from his usual gentle smile.

Choi Han, Mary, and Hilsman. His hands and feet had been itching to move as he watched their battles. While his feelings were a bit different than the sword master Hannah's itchiness for battle, his entire body was boiling with passion.

He knew that the chances of an old man like himself growing were much smaller than the chances of those younger punks, however, he could not put his dagger down. He had trained his fake arm early every morning before going to wake Cale up.

What was the reason for that?

"Old, my ass. You still got decades to live."

He looked at his puppy young master-nim who was grumbling.
A benign smile appeared once more on Ron's face.

"Young master-nim, everything you said is true."

Cale slowly turned his head. He felt his heart sink the moment he made eye contact with Ron.

"I have too much greed to be a boring old man just yet."

'Why is an old man's gaze so vicious?'

Cale put his hand over his heart and gulped. Ron did not care as he looked toward the bandit leader and started to speak.

"We return grace at a hundred times the value of what we received, while we get our revenge by bringing death to our enemies."

Ron believed everybody had an internal candle within their minds. The candle slowly starts to go out as you get older until the light goes out and you live your life in a cold world filled with darkness.

However, he had been wrong.

The thing that was putting out the candle of his heart was not the shrinking base, but the wind that he allowed to enter. Furthermore, he had chosen to turn away from the small flame that continued to burn.
He finally realized it.

Ron started to take care of the small flame that was close to going out.
Doing that allowed him to feel it properly. He could feel his unwavering determination that was saying that he could keep on going for a long time.

"Young master-nim, thank you very much."

He thanked the person who helped him find that tiny flame that was still burning strong inside of him.
On the other hand, Cale was feeling chaotic.

'What is with the sudden, 'revenge by bringing death,' and then thanking me?'

He was anxious as he could not figure out what was going on, however, seeing Ron's gaze returning to normal along with the benign smile made him relax, for now. His heart that had sunk in fear started to beat normally again.
He heard someone's voice as he calmed back down.

"But, bandit leader-nim."

The former bandit leader looked toward Cale and cautiously started to speak. Cale looked at him with a gaze that seemed to be asking, 'what do you want?' as the bandit leader continued to speak.

"Won't we need a lot of money to control the underworld? In terms of strength, I believe these great individuals around you should be enough."

Cale's expression turned odd.