Chapter 388 - In One Shot (1)

Cale looked toward the others who came with him.

Raon looked quite dirty as if he had been covered in dirt at some point.
Bud's back was covered in fake blood and he seemed to have lost a lot of weight.
Choi Han looked the most normal.

'...Wasn't he the one who moved around the most?'

Choi Han had been the one to fight against the White Star. Of course, the injuries on his hands and arm that had been holding the wind whip were healed with potions, but he still should have looked the worst.

But he looked clean. He looked slightly disheveled at most.

Cale looked down at himself.
He then looked back up.

Adin's Imperial Palace.
Moonlight could not make it into this palace because the curtains were shut at night.
However, the magic lamps inside the room made the room quite bright.

Nobody usually lived in this dark place. That was why Cale's group was staying here.

Raon moved past Cale toward the people in the room.

"Good little Mary! Rosalyn! Hannah! It's been so long!"

Cale could see Hannah who was sitting but pretty much lying down on the couch, as well as Rosalyn and Mary who were standing in front of him to greet him.

Hannah, the fake Holy Maiden who was now just a sword master.
The necromancer, Mary, and Rosalyn, the mage.

Rosalyn started to speak after making eye contact with Cale.

"Not everyone could gather at such short notice. Sir Rex is currently taking care of administrative business while Jack-nim is at the Vatican."

The Cat Knight Sir Rex and Saint Jack were busy working even in the middle of the night.

"Tasha-nim and Miss Freesia are inside the capital taking care of things."

Alberu had returned to the Roan Kingdom, but Dark Elf Tasha and some other Dark Elves remained behind to support Sir Rex. Freesia and her subordinates, members of Cale's information network, were busy as well.

"Everybody is busy."

Cale first headed toward the couch.
Mary got in his way and started to speak.

"You must wash up, eat, and then get to work. The only time you should not eat is when you are dead."

Cale turned toward the bathroom instead of the couch. He then heard an awkward voice behind him.

"Um, are you not going to introduce me......?"

Cale turned around and started to speak to Rosalyn and Mary after hearing Mercenary King Bud's voice.

"He's my servant."
"You, you-!"

Cale ignored Bud's shocked mumbling as he headed toward the bathroom.

***

A piece of steak was placed inside Cale's mouth.

"Human! You can eat more!"

Cale could see a large piece of meat being placed on his plate. Raon had given it to him.
He could see Rosalyn smiling at Raon's actions. She lifted up four fingers once she made eye contact with Cale.
That made Cale think about the past.

It was Rosalyn, Cale, and Raon who ate together like this when they first ate at the Roan Kingdom's capital.
Cale had lifted four fingers back then to tell Rosalyn that Raon was four years old.

'You eat your food. This is mine.'

The Raon back then had hugged his plate of homemade sausages and did not want to share.
Two years had passed since then.