|𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 4|

Start from the beginning

After about an hour Vidyut returned to his room and plopped on the small couch.
"Hey Siri, call Roohi." he said rubbing his eyes.

"The number you've dialed is currently juggling to make breakfast, pack tiffin and reach office on time. Please try again later." came the voice of a young woman from the other end.

"Why do you sound so much in hurry? You still have an hour before you leave for office." Vidyut said placing the phone to his ear.

"Well, it's not easy to be Mr. Vidyut Saxena's assistant you know, and especially in his absence, when the whole office has been put under the responsibility of his younger brother who is a total pain in the ass. So I've to hurry to reach office as early as possible. " Roohi chided tossing the omlet she was making.

"My brother's not an actual pain in the ass Roohi. He just doesn't likes you so he keeps annoying you."

"Whatever! Why did you call early today?"she asked curiously.

"I heard you were on a holiday for two days and when I tried your cellphone it was switched off. I called to check."

"Oh, mom fractured her ankle so I had to take her to the clinic. Unlike your brother, my brother has no sense of responsibility so I was the one staying besides her for two days, before dad returned from a small trip yesterday night. Now that he's here I'm going back to office." she put her phone to ear holding it between her ear and shoulder.

"Why didn't you inform me about Mrs. Sharma?" Vidyut's eyes furrowed as he questioned in a slightly upset voice.

"It wasn't a major injury boss. Just a small fracture. Anyways you're not allowed to take stress about things happening here. Veer and I'll handle things."

"I know, I know. It's because of you both I don't have to worry much but let me know Veer's meeting schedule for today."

"Isn't that supposed to be with his assistant? You can call him."

"If I call Ajay wouldn't Veer know that I'm keeping a check on him. Just send me his schedule once you reach the office."

"Sitting kilometers away yet you keep ordering me around. What kind of boss does that?" Roohi whine stuffing a peice of apple.

"Every boss does that. You bitch about my brother in front of me and have the audacity to talk to me so casually. What kind of assistant does that Huh?" His voice had no ounce of anger or annoyance. In fact he talked calmly.

"Well that's your fault, you let me do that. Now tell me how's things there?"

"Hmm... Pretty fine till now. I don't know when I'll run from this place."

"You better don't even think about it. I'll not let you enter your own office if you do anything like that." Roohi announced with finality and Vidyut was left flabbergasted.

"You know I can fire you for even thinking like that."

"All I know is you can't kick me out of the office cuz you won't find anyone better than me." Roohi giggled closing the lid of her tiffin which she was packing whilst talking on the call.

"That's true." Vidyut chuckled.

"OK fine. I'm leaving for office in a while. I'll have my breakfast now. Bye Boss!" She carried the word boss little longer as she knew it would annoy him.