Chapter 23- Back to New York

Start from the beginning

"My…head is so heavy. I…I'm in pain" Rosalie whimpered and his heart raced. He got off her and helped her lay on the bed. "I'll get your drugs" he hurried to her handbag and got a cup of water.

"Here" he helped her use the drug and ran his hands through her wavy hair. "It's okay, just shut your eyes. I'm here" he whispered and she nodded.

Her lids hugged themselves and he massaged her scalp till she was fast asleep. He cussed as he reminisced on what happened.

For how long will she suffer from psychosis?

————

It was the next morning Rosalie woke up. She rolled on the bed and her hand met with hardness. Her eyes widened and she sat up immediately.

Her heart jumped to her mouth seeing Alexander asleep. He didn't leave. Her insides leaped for joy.

Subconsciously, she took her hands to his carved face and a smile broke on her lips.

His care was way too enticing.
How did he care that much about her?
Everything changed after he fired her.
Was it a pity?

She trailed her forefinger on his chiseled jawline which aided his rugged appeal. The urge to caress his lips rose in her but she looked away.

What if she woke him up?
Her eyes met with his raven and silky hair and she blushed.
She couldn't believe there were moments she caressed that raven hair.

She remembered the day he told her "she could touch him."

Will everything be the same? She doubted it.
They were in New York and Sophia was in New York.
She was sure Sophia wouldn't let it happen.

She sniffed and took her eyes down to his face.
What does he want?
Why was he showing her that much care?

She shook her head and sighed.
She didn't know but she loved it.
Slowly, she took her hands to his lips and caressed it.

His soft pink lips that had touched hers countless times.
The soft pink lips that had been on every part of her body; her thighs included.

He had always taken the lead.
She needed to know how it was if she kissed him first.
She lowered her head and pressed a kiss to his lips and pulled away immediately.

"You can deepen the kiss"

She stopped. Her eyes widened and she withdrew her hands. She took her eyes to Alexander and seeing him awake, embarrassment enveloped her.

Her cheeks flushed and she stood up immediately.

"I…I'm sorry" she apologized as she stared everywhere except for him. Alexander chortled and sat up.

He was awake. He watched over her throughout the night. Then he slept off in the morning beside her but when she stirred in her sleep, he woke up.

He loved all her touches.

"It'd have been good if you deepened the kiss" Alexander snickered and grabbed hold of her hand. "But I loved your massage."

He stood up, grabbed his jacket and Rosalie's brows raised. Was he leaving?

"I have to go. I need to attend to important things" Alexander wore his jacket and took his phone. While he watched over her, his phone rang persistently.

It was his parents. They claimed they had something important to discuss and he had to leave.

"Are you scared?" He asked as he stared at Rosalie's pale face. She shook her head but he could picture it already. He knew she might be scared but he made adjustments already.

"Aria and your mum will be here soon."

"Huh?" Rosalie's brows raised and he walked to her. "I told them we're in the city. They'll keep your company. Try to make them leave. I'm sure you don't want your mum to know about your state."

"Okay" Rosalie mumbled as she understood his words. "Will you come back, sir?"

"Do you need me to?" Alexander returned the question and she shook her head. She'll adjust to the room.

Since she slept in it yesterday, she could from then.

"Okay, I have to leave" Alexander walked out and she trudged behind him. At that moment, the doorbell rang.

"Your mum and Aria must be here" Alexander laughed at how much care those two had for her.

Aria. Rosalie sniffed as she thought of the perfect excuse. They'd ask why she got an apartment. Why was her boss there? She sighed and ruffled her hair.

He does things without asking for her permission.

"Bye" Alexander whispered and opened the door. Pamela's and Aria's face popped up immediately while Rosalie rushed to them.

"Rosie—" Pamela dashed into the house and pulled Rosalie into a hug while Aria maintained eye contact with Alexander. Why was he in the house?

Alexander shrugged and walked to his driver he called. As he sat in the car, he wondered what his parents had to say.

He hoped it wasn't some shitty work; he had piles of work already.

The driver reached the mansion and he hurried to the living room. His brows creased seeing his parents with Mr Raymond.

Have they finalized the deal?

He mumbled a greeting and settled down with his eyes narrowed as he watched his dad grin from ear to ear.

"Alex, Mr Raymond finally agreed to go on with the deal" his dad grinned and Alexander nodded.
He knew it was the cause for his dad's excitement.

"But on a condition" Mr Macaulay added and Alexander paused . His fist tightened and his shoulders tensed.

"What condition?" He asked in a tight voice hoping it wasn't the condition he thought of.

"You get engaged to Sophia" his dad dropped the bombshell.