Chapter six - To the Rescue

(Updated)

Chapter 6

Kion and Rani along with Ono rushed out of the tree, quickly making their way to the border.

When they reached the border, the Night Pride was already there, well a member of the Night Pride was already there.

Kion and Rani looked at each other and sighed in relief when they saw that Baliyo had the fire under control for now.

His sleek black fur shimmered in the sunlight.

Baliyo: "Omg so glad you guys came,"

He was panting heavily

Baliyo: "Kiara is trapped on a ledge there. I've been trying to reach her, but the fire keeps spreading."

His sister glanced at her mate and nodded.

Kion: "Ono, go find Bunga, Bestie, and Fuli and tell them to put out the rest of the fire,"

Rani: "Boliyo, find Nirmala and Surak."

Ono nodded as he took off.

Kion: "Rani, can you go make sure all the animals are okay?"

Rani: "Are you sure you don't need me helping with the fire?"

He nodded and said, "Positive."

Rani: "Be careful, Kion. I just got you back; I don't want to lose you again,"

He just smiled, and she sighed and turned around.

Kion ran towards the ledge where Kiara was trapped.

As he reached he heard a familiar voice "Kion! I'm here!"

Kion: "Kiara, hold on!"

His heart was pounding

He could see her clinging to the edge of the ledge as the fire surrounded every corner.

***

Meanwhile, Ono and Anga were soared through the sky.

They found the Day pride immediately, they were playing with the tiger cubs.

Ono: "Bunga, Beshte, Fuli! There is a fire near the border Kion needs your help to put out the fire

Ono: "Bunga, Beshte, Fuli! There is a fire near the border Kion needs your help to put out the fire."

Beshte: "Poa,"

Fuli: "What how?"

Anga: "We don't know but if we don't get there fast it's gonna get worse."

They nodded.

Bunga: "You heard the bird! Let's go!"

They rushed towards the flames.

***

Back at the ledge, Kiara was still trapped.

Taking a deep breath, Kion used the power of the Roar of the Elders.

With the power of the roar, he created a temporary barrier between the fire and her.

The barrier let him come to the other side and safely pull Kiara to safety.

Kiara nuzzled Kion, she started tearing up.

Kiara: "Thank you, little brother,"

She hugged him.

Kion: "We're a team, remember?"

They made their way down the cliff.

Vitani: "Sorry, we were late; we were on the other side of the kingdom until Ulu came to inform us,"

Fuli heated, glared at her.

Fuli: "Why do you need Ulu to inform you? The pride lands are bigger, and Ulu is not going to be there to inform you about every single thing you know."

Kion: "Fuli, calm down,"

He put a paw on her shoulder, Fuli took a deep breath, trying to control her anger. 

Just then Kovu, future king of the pride lands came running towards Kiara.

Kovu: "Kiara, You're safe."

He gave her a big hug and sighed heavily, she hugged back.

Kovu: "Thank you Kion"

Kion smiled at them.

Kion: "Kovu and Kiara go back to the Tree of Life. Lion Guard help the Day Pride to put out the fire," he commanded. 

Kiara and Kovu nodded and as soon as they left...

Vitani: "Listen, just because you were the leader of the previous lion guard doesn't mean you get to control my guard; you have no right to tell us what to do."

TBC...