Wattpad Original
There are 15 more free parts

Chapter 15: Burn The World

"What the fuck are you doing here?" Kenric spoke sharply as he stared at Prince Edward, who was looking back at him with his signature conceited grin. He was sitting on Archie's bed, his stance relaxed and comfortable as if it were his own room. Archie stood a few feet away, and one glance at him was enough to tell Kenric that the blond was not welcome.

"I was paying Archie a visit, what else?" Edward answered. "He has been looking quite sad nowadays, has he not? I wanted to make sure he was alright."

"I do not see how Archie's well-being is any of your concern," Kenric retorted. "I suggest you leave if you know what is best for you."

"All right, all right, no need for empty threats that we all know you cannot follow up on," Edward chuckled. "I shall let you both be, I am certain you have a lot to catch up on."

The blond stood up from the cot as he walked towards Kenric, who was holding the door open for him as he glared at his neighbor. Edward still had a smug smile on his face, he tilted his head to look at Archie one last time as he stopped next to Kenric.

"Hm, I understand what you see in him. For a commoner he is quite exquisite," Edward whispered. "If I were you then I would keep him close or else someone just might steal him away."

Kenric did not know whether the crown prince was serious or simply teasing him, but he had enough of his bullshit. Nobody threatened Archie and got away with it, not even a future king.

Kenric grabbed the collar of Edward's coat to pull him closer as he stared at him with eyes full of hatred. Kenric wrapped his hand around his neck, making the man wince in pain. For the first time, the blond prince looked scared. Ever since his arrival at the castle, he was only now seeing the man who had stories of his savageness and ruthlessness spread across all the nations. The man who had slain countless enemies, who showed no mercy, and was a person nobody wanted to be on the bad side of.

"I will say this only once," Kenric began, his voice low and dangerous. "I do not care for politics. I am not the king, I will not shake hands with you and exchange pleasantries. I will not be nice to you. And I will not let these comments slide. Do you really think that you can terrorize someone that I care about?

"Hear this, you little shit, and carve my words in your brain. If I see you going after what is mine then I will unleash hell on you. I do not make empty threats, I make promises. I will find you, and I will break every single bone in your body. You will be begging me to kill you before I drive my sword through your heart. I will start a war without a single regret and I do not know if you have heard, but I have never been defeated."

Kenric finally let go of Edward's neck, making the man stumble back as he rubbed his hand around the red skin. He coughed as he tried to catch his breath, before looking up at the warrior prince with equal contempt. His arrogant exterior was gone, and he simply looked enraged.

"Nobody wants a war," Edward said. Even though he was surely feeling insulted and angry, he was starting to understand that Kenric was not a man he could mess around with and not face any consequences. "But there are dangers worse than that out there. Your doom is around the corner, Prince Kenric."

"Who will bring me down? Your father? You?" Kenric spat. "You can try. I have beaten your army before and I will do it again. And this time? I shall slaughter you along with them."

"We will see about that," Edward let out a dry laugh as he glanced at Archie. "If you ever get tired of his domineering personality then you know where to find me. I will show you some gentle loving that will blow—"

"You bastard!" Kenric yelled, once again grabbing hold of Edward's neck as he choked him harder, instantly making his face go pale. "Unless you want to explain to your sister why you have a black eye and a broken leg— leave! And stay the fuck away from Archie."