Vol 51: indenial

You'd think after all this shit our Lace had gone through, she would have had a fucking break by now. Well, I'm telling you now that the universe has no sympathy for already broken girls.

After that great fiasco in the shopping centre, Lacey obviously went home with no dress and no will to keep looking for one; let alone explaining to Angie why she had not got a dress yet. Her mood was already low, but now it sorta stooped to a whole new level.

Ashton knew that inevitably, Lacey was going to find out about Calum going back to his ex, and he knew when she did find out, it wasn't going to be pretty. If you ask Ashton, Calum was a fucking idiot- but you can't force anyone to do anything. So instead, Ashton wanted to bring some light mood within Lacey once again as he'd also noticed, like Micheal had also noticed, that her mood was low and that she didn't have the normal natural fire in her that she'd usually have. So, Ashton organised for them (plus Micheal as he'd never pass down free food) to go to the beach around thirty minutes away from where they lived and have a little fish n-chip picnic- day trip if you will.

And through and through, it was a success. The boys got laughs and giggles out of Lacey, even though they couldn't resist the urge to throw her in the freezing cold water. But it was nice, nice for a change to worry about freezing cold water than anything else.

Ashton and Lacey also made sure to bury Micheal in the sand, only his head poking out and also not resisting the urge to put seashells around and on his head, taking a photo and posting it on Instagram.

It was now rearing close to sunset and the trio arrived back at Michael's and Ashton's townhouse complex, using the rest of the summer evening to eat more chips and talk random shit about how annoying everyone in the world was, on their balcony.

Then Lacey's phone started to ring from the living room, where she'd left it.

"Helllloo?" Lacey said with more glee than usual, expecting Mia, who was on the other line, to match with the same energy. However, instead, Lacey could hear some little sniffles come quietly from the line.

"Mia?" Lacey blocked her other ear with her finger so she could clearly hear Mia as the boys were getting loud on the balcony, and she could barely hear a thing. "Are you okay?"

"Lace- it's Luke." Instead of hearing Mia on the other line, it was her brother and the air around her suddenly felt weird. "It's Mia. She-" Luke cut himself off like he was trying to find a word that desperately described Mia and her situation.

"What happened? Is she okay?" Lacey's eyebrows were now furrowed as her heart started to beat a little faster; she immediately headed towards the front door to grab her shoes.

"Yes she's fine, she's with me- she just knocked on the door looking for you- you need to come."

"What happened?" She repeated.

"I'll tell you when you get here-" And with that, Luke hung up. Lacey could tell Luke wasn't fucking around with her, as it was one thing to pick up the phone of your friend, and another to tell you to immediately come somewhere regarding her.

Lacey immediately shoved on her shoes and collected her beach bag that contained her belongings and quickly jogged to the balcony where the boys were lazily sitting.

"What's up?" Ashton said mid-laughter, however, his face turned concerned as he noticed Lacey's eyes showed apprehension.

"Could one of you please drop me off at mine? Somethings wrong with uh- Mia," she was stumbling in her words. "She needs me- I think something happened."

"It's alright..everything's going to be okay," Ashton stood up as he immediately searched for his phone and keys. "C'mon, I'll take you Lace- I'm sure she's fine." He gave the girl a reassuring smile as he led the way to the front door.