Ch 10

The next morning Jennie woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. Grabbing the phone quickly to stop the annoying sound, she picked it up being her usual early morning curt self. "What?"

"Hi Jennie."

Her eyes popped open, "Kathy?"

"Ah-ha, when you coming over?" Kathy was so excited she couldn't wait to see her. She couldn't stop thinking about yesterday and how she spent the whole day with her Daddy. She knew that it was Jennie's doing because her Daddy never did that before Jennie showed up. She was sad when Jennie left last night and she decided that she never wanted her to leave again.

Jennie sat up and looked at the clock, 'its seven o'clock in the freaking morning on a Sunday, doesn't this kid ever sleep?'

"Ah sweetie it's a little early, what are you doing up?"

"I'm always up this early Jennie. When you coming over?"

'God I didn't know a person could be this chipper in the morning.' She was annoyed at being waken so early, but Kathy was just too cute to stay angry with. She softly chuckled in the phone, "Where's your daddy?" She asked thoughts of him immediately entering her mind.

"Uncle Mino came over and picked daddy up they went to look at a house Uncle Mino wants to buy."

Her brow furrowed, "He's not home?"

"No."

"Then' who's watching you?"

"Mrs. McCann. She's our housekeeper."

Jennie sighed and ran a hand through her sleep-ridden hair. "Well, I don't know sweetie I have some things that I should really take care of today."

"Oh." She sounded sad, and then she added, "Jennie?"

"Yeah?"

"It's going to be really hot today."

"I suppose so." Jennie yawned.

"We have a pool you know."

Jennie smiled into the phone, the kid was a player, smooth and confident.

"You do, do you?"

"Yup."

Jennie laughed and gave in, "Okay Kat, you win, I guess I could come over later."

"Really, what time? Soon?"

Sitting up Jennie looked at the calendar on the wall and noticing the date, she cursed under her breath. "Oh sweetie I don't know if I can come, I'm supposed to meet my friends for lunch today."

"Oh...they can come too, please Jennie." Kathy said.

Jennie thought about it and in a blink of an eye decided to go. Mostly because she really wanted to see both Kathy and Lisa and of course it was the perfect opportunity to torture her a little, but mainly it was because she wanted Rosé and Alex to meet them and vice versa. She figured that if she was ever going to get Lisa use to the idea of them being a couple then there was no better time than now.

'A couple...is that what I want?' The thought made her all warm and gooey inside like melted chocolate chips in a baking cookie, 'Yes that is what I want. I want a relationship with her, I want her to be mine, and me to be her, I want her and only her to have my warm gooey center.'

"Okay Kat, I just have a few things to do, and then we'll come over, around one o'clock...okay?"

She heard Kathy jumping up and down, "YAY. I can't wait to see you Jennie."

Jennie smiled, "Me too honey I'll see you later okay...bye."

"Bye Jennie."

Jennie hung up the phone and got out of bed. She had a lot to do today before then so she better get started, lucky for her that Riley wasn't home; he pulled the early bird shift on Sunday mornings at the base and so he wouldn't be here to bother her...thank god.