FOURTEEN

THE ship shook from shots outside of it. Anakin lifted Obi-Wan around his shoulders. Elia watching carefully to make sure he didn't need help carrying him.

"We must get off this ship before it's too late." Palpatine told the two Jedi, rushing to the exit. Elia ignored him.

"He seems alright, just unconscious." Elia said to Anakin who nodded.

"Leave him, or we'll never make it." The Chancellor warned them, speaking in a rush.

"His fate will be the same as ours." Anakin spoke evenly to Palpatine, who seemed frustrated at this. They went to the elevator to discover that it wasn't working. "R2, activate elevator 3224." Suddenly, the ship was hit. Sending Elia sliding down the floor, Palpatine had a steady hold on a rail and grasped her arm to keep her from going anywhere.

                        Anakin pulled them into the elevator shaft, running down the side of the wall that was evened out as the ship turned over slowly. Palpatine followed him with Elia close behind.

                       "Anakin..." Elia called out, pointing out that the ship was beginning to level and they were beginning to slide down the wall. Anakin grabbed a loose wire from the wall and Elia reached for a small pocket in the wall. Palpatine hung from Anakin's leg with Obi-Wan still on his back. The Kenobi blinked lazily and then gasped, moving to cling further onto Anakin.

                        "Easy. We're in a bit of a situation." Anakin told his master, his voice strained.

                       "Did I miss something?" Obi-Wan asked.

                       "Just hold on." Anakin talked over Obi-Wan.

                      "What is that?" Obi-Wan looked up at the sound of the elevator making its way down.

                        "Uh, oops. R2. R2, shut down the elevator." Anakin tried, but Obi-Wan shook his head.

                          "Too late. Jump!" He instructed. Elia let go, as did Anakin. They free fell until Elia and Anakin took out their grappling hooks to pull themselves onto a floor. "Let's see if we can find something in the hangar bay that's still flyable." Obi-Wan told them.

                    "R2, get down here. R2, do you copy?" Anakin tried to get ahold of the small droid. They continued down the hall until they were trapped in a shield.

                       "Ray shields?" Elia questioned, frowning. She touched her finger to it and it reflected it away.

                            "Wait a minute. How did this happen? We're smarter than this." Obi-Wan asked aloud, his tone clearly exasperated. Elia shot him a look as if to say are we actually though?

                          "Apparently not." Anakin scoffed. "I say patience." He added, standing with his hands on his hips.

                     "Patience?" Elia and Obi-Wan asked together in unison.

                        "Yes. R2 will be along in a few moments, and then he'll release the ray shields." Anakin told them calmly. As if on cue, R2 came speeding into the hall squealing loudly. "See? No problem."

"No, I see a problem." Elia argued, gesturing to the squad of droids taking R2 hostage. She turned to Anakin. "Got a plan- B?" The Skywalker sent her a glare.