THIRTEEN

CHANCELLOR Palpatine had been taken hostage by Count Dooku and his new apprentice, General Grievous. Elia, Anakin, and Obi-Wan were all on that very mission to rescue him to the dismay of the council and strict orders.

                      "Master, General Grievous's ship is directly ahead-the one crawling with vulture droids." Anakin's voice echoed into both Obi-Wan's and Elia's headsets.

                        "Oh, I see it. This is going to be easy." The Kenobi Jedi replied back in sarcasm, Elia rolled her eyes.

                         "Look, here they come now." Elia told the two other Jedi. The vulture droids taking flight. The Squadron lined up in formation behind Obi-Wan, who was leading the form. Anakin and Elia flew along the outsides. "Redtail, time to fall in." Elia announced over her headset.

                        "Copy that, General." A clone replied back to her. The squadron of clones forming behind the trio of Jedi.

                        "This is where the fun begins." Anakin chuckled into his headset, smirking. Elia could practically see the overconfident smirk on his face.

                       "That's my line." The Stormborn Jedi shook her head, Anakin leveled with her window and locked eyes with her.

                        "Let them pass between us." Obi-Wan instructed. The Clones struggled now, dropping like flies, the droids were attacking from behind.

                         "I'm gonna go help them out." Elia announced, preparing to peel away from the formation.

                       "No. No, they are doing their job so we can do ours." Obi-Wan stopped her, she met his eyes through the window of her ship. He shook his head. One of the vulture droids dropped missiles from above.

                    "Missiles, pull up." Elia told everyone, pulling her ship upwards. Anakin copied her, pulling up right next to her, putting him in the middle now.

                        "They overshot us!" Obi-Wan exclaimed, but Elia saw Anakin look back briefly.

                         "They're coming back around." Anakin said aloud. Elia made brief eye contact with her husband before he spilt from the form to get rid of the missiles. Elia went the opposite direction, so that she could face Anakin's ship head on. At the same time, the duo would pull down sharply and the missiles would hit each other. It was a classic Elia-Anakin move.

                    "We got'em, Stormborn." Anakin saluted to Elia as they pulled back into formation.

                         "Flying is for droids." Elia heard Obi-Wan mutter into his head set, the blonde woman laughed. Anakin smiled upon hearing her laugh. "How could you be laughing right now?" Obi-Wan scolded Elia.

                      "Laughing? I wasn't laughing." Elia sputtered out, choking back on even more laughter.

                        "I've been hit!" Obi-Wan cried out.

                         "I see them, Buzz droids." Anakin replied, moving in on Kenobi's ship. His droid unit had just been torn in half.

                       "They're shutting down all the controls!" Obi-Wan told them, flipping switches in the ship to fight the droids off.

                       "Move to the right so I can get a clear shot at them." Anakin told his Master.

                       "Hold your fire! This is not the solution, Anakin." Obi-Wan was practically shouting into his head set.