TEN

THEY had exited the monastery now, Ahsoka sighing occasionally because her arms hurt. Elia knew what Anakin was thinking. Probably something along the lines of, if I didn't have this Padawan, I'd be doing this myself. Elia found it quite funny.

                    "How do you like your little buddy now? Still cute?" Anakin smirked down at Ahsoka who seemed to be pouting.

                   "You know, he's reminding me of you more and more." Ahsoka quipped back, raising the Hutt into her masters face. The slug reached out to Anakin and whined.

               "Oh, look, Ani, you're two of a kind."Elia joined, suppressing the need to laugh. Her husband shot her an annoyed glance, then looked to Ahsoka.

                   "Maybe you should carry both of us then." Anakin told Ahsoka, who grimaced at the thought. The Skywalker walked away and left Elia and Ahsoka staring down at the Hutt, he coughed and cried out. Elia pressed the back of her hand to the slimy skin of the Hutt, feeling it's unusually hot skin.

"Anakin, I think he's sick. He's burning up with a fever." Elia called out to her husband, her eyebrows frowning with concern. Anakin turned back as Ahsoka brought the Hutt to him, he placed his gloved hand to its face and nodded in agreement.

"You're right." Anakin said.

"Of course, I'm right." Elia scoffed, the Skywalker rolling his eyes softly.

"We have to get him back to the ship immediately." Anakin told Elia and Ahsoka. "Trooper, get me a backpack!" Anakin called out to one of the nearby clones. A backpack was brought to them to place the Hutt within. Anakin struggled greatly to get the little guy in, Elia sighed and lowered herself to the ground. Ahsoka wandered off to chat with some of the clones.

"Let me." Elia told him softly, using her hands to gently place the child into the bag.

"I hate Hutt's." Anakin grumbled, letting his wife take over. He watched her interact gently with the child, finding it odd how good she was with any sort of youngling, considering her own abandonment issues when she was a child.

"Yes, so you've said, my love." Elia replied softly, her green eyes flashing up at him. God, she was beautiful. Was all he could think, and momentarily, he forgot that sometimes she could hear his thoughts. Elia laughed, as Anakin felt his cheeks flush red, knowing he had been caught. Not that it mattered, they were married after all.

A chill ran down Elia's spine, her blonde hair whipped over her shoulder up to a balcony of the monastery. Her eyes searched for the presence she felt.

"What is it?" Anakin asked her in a hushed tone, not wanting to alert anyone to the situation.

"I-I felt someone watching..." Elia looked for a second longer before tearing her eyes away. "It's all right." She told him, shaking her head.

"Master, General, there's a transmission from Master Kenobi coming in." Ahsoka called out. Anakin watched Elia for only a moment longer before standing and handing the backpack to Ahsoka. The trio of Jedi went back to the ship to see a hologram of Obi-Wan.

"Did you locate Jabba's son?" Obi-Wan asked, his voice was urgent.

"We have him, but it looks like the Separatists are behind this abduction." Anakin told his Master, watching Elia scan the area around her with paranoia.