Fate's Selection-

Tawu hummed as she and Arvin set up camp for the night. Yorick got upset about something before running off, so they were leaving him to deal with it. She sighed as she finished.

"It's getting to him again."

"I know. But Mum and Dad couldn't figure it out. And no doctor will take him."

"That's absurd."

~~~

Yorick gulped as he sat down near a tree. His shaking had yet to stop, so he was calming down the best he could.

"Mummy... Daddy..."

He trembled as he curled up into a ball. Suddenly, a noise alerted him, causing him to jump to his feet.

"H-hello?" He summoned a magic sword before shaking. "I-is someone there?"

Something intercepted a flying object that almost hit him in the head. He froze before a soft voice appeared behind him.

"Hey." He whipped around to see a rather familiar face.

"Snow?" The older child blinked before smiling.

"Yorick. It's good to see you. What are you doing here all by yourself?" He went to answer when the noise from before reappeared, causing him to wip back around. Without much thought, Snow picked the smaller kid up, allowing him to hide his face in his shoulder. "Hang on. Let's get you back to your brother."

~~~

Yorick didn't remember most of the trip until a loud scream woke him up. He was startled before Snow gave a soft squeeze.

"It's ok..." Yorick shuddered before he paused at the sight of flames. Snow picked him up before continuing to carry him. It wasn't long before Tawu's voice touched his ears.

"I really hope he's ok... I also hope that wasn't near him."

"Yeah... He would've moved farther if it was..." Snow rubbed his back before they reached the camp. The other two looked over before Arvin's face lit up. "Yorick!" He went over and took his brother, allowing him to rest in his grip. Tawu then spoke in a soft voice as the brothers got settled in front of the tents.

"Snow." The duo paused before noticing the stand off. "I didn't think you would go this far from your little hideaway room." Snow kept his mouth shut as he twirled a pen between his fingers. "Nothing? As expected. We don't need your help-" An explosion struck near the quiet boy's feet, causing Yorick to jump before burying his face into Arvin's chest. Snow did a slow turn before he finally spoke. And it was not expected.

"Burn."

Flames suddenly encased a group of attackers, causing them to scream out in pain and panic. As the flames and screams faded, Snow glanced back with a soft voice.

"So maybe you don't need my help. I'm not here to help. I'm here for personal reasons. See it as you will. Good luck with your little quest."

Tawu said nothing as Snow vanished. She then went over to the brothers as Yorick fell asleep.

"What reasons... Snow?"