𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 33

Start from the beginning

She muttered another spell but this time I recognized it. It was to protect my hair and make-up, that way, it couldn't move unless I casted the counter spell. I could enjoy my day without the fear of ruining my looks.

She backed away and I stood up, walking to my dress hung on the closet's door. My fingers slowly slid on the fabric and my lips curled into a small smile. I was still nervous to marry but excitement was starting to spread through me as well. It was an arranged marriage, yes, but I had learned to love my betrothed and I couldn't wait to finally become his wife. To me, it didn't feel like an arranged union anymore as I couldn't imagine myself marrying another man. Besides, we had been lucky and had been able to choose how we wanted our wedding to be. Normally, in arranged marriage, the parents of the betrothed chose everything, from the theme to the dress, but Mattheo and I had been granted the opportunity to do it ourselves.

I suspected it was Mattheo that had asked his Father for that so I could have the wedding I had always dreamt of. That only made me love him even more.

"Go on, babe. Put your dress on." Pansy encouraged me softly, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I nodded and let my silk bathrobe fall on the floor, leaving me in my matching red underwear. Mattheo's favorite color. I picked up the dress and put it on, turning my back to Pansy so she could help me lace it. Once she was done, she gave me my heels and I slid them on.

I turned to the mirror and looked at the woman reflected through the glass. I almost didn't recognize myself. I looked gorgeous and it felt weird. I knew I was pretty, but I never thought I was beautiful. I always thought I was a common beauty, like every girl was. Yet, as I looked at my reflection in the mirror, I felt like a goddess.

"You are absolutely stunning, Aelys." Pansy whispered as she came behind me, a smile on her lips.

I turned to face her, feeling my cheeks burning. She tilted her head softly and her smile widened.

"Mattheo is going to be speechless."

I blushed even harder and she giggled softly. A knock on the door startled us and we exchanged a confused glance. She motioned for me to stay out of view from the person who was knocking and she went to open it, careful to hide me from whoever it was. I saw her freeze and she looked back at me, mouthing 'Tom'. My brows furrowed and I nodded, silently telling her he could come in. She moved out of the way, still careful to not open the door wider so no one else could see me. Tom entered and his gaze met me. He froze and his lips parted slightly while his eyes widened.

"I'm going to get ready in your bathroom." Pansy told us while closing the main door. "I'll put a charm on the door so you both can talk in private."

I smiled softly and nodded, watching her disappear in the bathroom. I heard her muttering the silencing spell and my brown eyes went back to Tom. I waited for him to start talking but he was still in a trance, his blue eyes looking me up and down.

I cleared my throat and he snapped back to reality. He pulled out his wand and casted another silencing charm on the bedroom so anyone who were to pass before the bedroom couldn't hear us. I frowned, confused. What did he want to talk about that was so secret ?

"You are... Beautiful, sweetheart." He breathed.

I cringed at the nickname but muttered a small thank you. He put his wand back in his pocket and stepped toward me in big strides. He stopped in front of me and I had to tilt my head up a little since he was pretty close and still taller than me even with my heels. His blue eyes navigate between mine and he sighed.

"Don't marry him, Aelys." He said, his left hand moving to my cheek.

My eyes widened in shock and my lips parted, but I wasn't able to form words. His thumb started to stroke my skin gently and I froze. I wanted to pull back, to escape his touch, but I couldn't fucking move.