You're not a person who gives up like that, right?

Ash and Serena arrived in Unova and met Anita, a sixteen-year-old new Trainer. The girl chose Oshawott as her first Pokémon, while a very particular Snivy joined Ash's team.

Our heroes also met Ivan, also a novice Trainer, but with unorthodox methods. They also learned about Team Plasma and their goals.

Last, but not least, Anita, despite having many doubts, decided to follow the path of battles in the gym. How will it end? Will Anita win her first medal? Who really is Carlos? All you have to do is read to find out!

You're not a person who gives up like that, right?

The day of Anita's first gym battle had finally arrived. The three had spent the night at the city's Pokémon Center. Anita, despite the reassurances, had not slept a wink. She was too afraid of failure to sleep.

Ash and Serena had reassured her until exhaustion. "It doesn't matter if you win on the first, second or tenth try, we will always support you, and so will your Pokémon. Do not forget." They had told her.

It was half past seven, and the three had gotten up to have breakfast and so had their Pokémon. They were sitting on a table near the window, with the sunlight streaming in and starting to warm pleasantly.

Anita, unlike the day before, had only had a coffee for breakfast. "Are you sure you're just taking that?" Ash asked her as he bit into a giant custard croissant. "Then you won't have enough energy for the fight." He added. "It seems to me that this boy only has two neurons. One thinks about battles and the other about eating" thought Anita, as she saw him devour that croissant in a couple of bites. "Be calm." Serena reassured her. "Ash always worries about these things." Serena tried not to laugh "In some ways she reminds me of my grandmother. Hey! You haven't eaten anything! You're pale, but do you eat meat? You seem to have lost weight since the last time..." Ash turned in her direction. "Now let's not exaggerate! I'm just saying that you need energy to fight. We'll talk about behaving like this in seventy years. As long as I have grandchildren, of course." Ash replied, leaving Serena petrified. "All right. Whatever you want, but if I feel bad, it's your fault." Anita got up and went to get a croissant. The smallest. It was filled with chocolate. Not her favorite stuffing, but she'd make it work for her. To avoid problems, she would eat it in small bites.

Once they finished eating, the three gave the keys to their rooms to Nurse Joy, said goodbye to her and left the Pokémon Center.

Serena, through the Maps application on her Smart Rotom, was ready to guide them towards the building.

They had to walk almost a kilometer before reaching her. They found themselves in front of a square, slightly smaller than the one the Pokémon Center overlooked, but built in a similar way.

It was made with large slabs of white marble, which reflected the light in an almost annoying way. In the square there were also flowerbeds, made of the same material, full of thick vegetation, a magnet for small Grass and Bug-type Pokémon.

The Gym was a tall building with a semi-cylindrical shape. It was made of concrete and glass. It was preceded by some concrete columns, made to resemble ancient buildings.

The lower part of the building was decorated in lighter bricks, compared to concrete, and in the upper part there were six arched windows.

The entrance was an extremely high, dark wooden door. It seemed he wanted to instill fear in the visitors. It was overlooked by a concrete balcony. At the top of the roof there was a Poké Ball-shaped sculpture, typical of all Gyms. Ash tried to open the door, pushing it. The thing he found most natural, as there was no sign inviting him to shoot. "Damn it! Does not open!" He complained. "Let's try ringing the intercom." Serena proposed. "Yes... right... I hadn't seen it." Ash replied. Anita approached the two and Serena pressed the button.