12: drunk

"Cheers!"

The sound of glass meeting another glass rejuvenated in the area. This restaurant has been reserved for their Company tonight. Different restaurants than before because now, they sat down on cushions rather than the chair.

Everyone was having their leisure time drinking and talking with each other.

"Time is moving so fast. Who knows that it has already been a year since we met."

Lee Byul grinned.

"Luckily, I prefer to stay after another negotiation with the Chairman."

Lee Soohyuk laughed at that.

"Nobody can touch our Team Leader of the Special Division Team, even the Chairman."

"Stop talking like you are not one of the people he feared, oppa."

She smirked and he replied back with his own.

"Fortunately, I'm not interested in his position. Cheers?"

"Cheers."

Clank!

"Did you have a plan to start your old job, Byul?"

Choi Jungsoo came towards them with another bottle of beer, pulling the ring pull cap and pouring the liquid into her glass.

"Hm, maybe not at the moment. I have been spending my time before roaming around killing monsters for years. By having a stable job in the Company at one place is kind of nice."

She took the glass and gulped down the content.

"Hm about that. We never ask about what your group did before. I just know that you guys are killing monsters and saving people, but where did you get the supply and the funds to move around? Surely you need a lot of money to fund those people you've saved."

Lee Byul scrunched her nose.

"I never told you guys all this time?"

"We got no chance to indulge in your previous job."

Kim Roksoo gave her the answer. Well, that's basically true. They never mentioned it and she also didn't think of mentioning it.

Their current predicament has always been the topic of their conversation.

"Okay then. I'll tell you now. We may be a separated group from the government but the government still needs us."

She thanked Kim Roksoo after he poured her another glass.

"We were actually a hired group. We got paid that way. When a guild or government wants a hand from us, they would hire us to do their bidding by paying us."

"Oh, you got paid? I thought that you did the job because of the request. I never know about it."

"You could say that not many people know about this matter because we would always communicate with the higher-up of the guilds or government and not want any information about us being spread too much."

"A silent agreement. If your information was spread, that could endanger you guys."

She nodded.

"True, that is why every time we leave a trace somewhere, we would hide it using Libra's ability."

"How about now? Celestial Arcane associated with the Company might make your ally think you have chosen a side."

Her lips rose upwards after hearing what Choi Jungsoo said.

"For your information, Jungsoo. We have no allies."

The brown-haired tilted his head.

"We do have foes but we have no allies. We are not needed for someone to rely on and to rely on us based on kindness. It is a business, they want something, they will get it through paying us. If not, my group would not be associated with anyone."

His Stellaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें