Zabuza was almost completely unrecognizable. It was amazing just what wearing the traditional Jounin uniform, taking off his face mask, and hiding his sword could do. He wasn't all happy with the changes or his new name, but he was willing to put up with it, if only to avoid ever owing Hakumei anything in the future.

The gates to Konoha were closed, which was strange. Naruto couldn't remember a single time when the gates had been closed past nightfall. Naruto remembered Iruka-sensei had once told him about the gates only being closed when there was an attack or a threat, and worry began to rise in him. Had they already been found out?

There were a large group of people waiting outside the gate, looking like they had spent the night there. Hakumei edged up close to a trio about their age, who were hanging around. It was comprised of one boy and two girls, which was a rarity in the ninja world, and the three turned around to look at them as they approached.

"Chuunin Exams?" the boy, who was wearing a black suit, with a cat-eared hood and what looked like war paint on his face.

"Yeah," Kimimaro said.

"Well, that makes all of us," a girl wearing a light purplish dress, what looked like four pigtails in her blonde hair, and something that looked kind of like a club, but might not be grumbled, looking cross, "There have been people waiting here since yesterday. They only open the gates for about four hours, and if you didn't happen to get there in time, you wait."

For the first time she looked them over with interest.

"You're Grass nin?" she asked in a mildly interested, but mildly condescending tone.

"Yeah," Sakura said, looking like she was trying not to take an instant dislike to the girl, "I'm Emi."

"I'm Temari," the girl said, "This is my little brother Kankuro and Matsuri. We're from Suna."

The other girl, with brown hair that hung limply to her shoulders, bowed a little. She was wearing a green skirt and a dark shirt that showed her shoulders. On the whole, Naruto didn't think that he had met a more insecure looking person unless it was Hinata before she had become a member of Hakumei.

"It's nice to meet you," she said shyly.

Naruto noticed Gaara's eyes widened just a little. That made sense; he probably would know them from his childhood.

They all introduced themselves, mostly talking out of boredom and the common ground of all being foreign, young, and having their first Exam.

"When will they be opening the doors?" Hinata asked.

"Who knows," Kankuro shrugged and leaned forwards conspiratorially, "I hear that they'll take you up to see their torture and interrogation specialist to make sure we're not spies before we get our passport into Konoha."

Sasuke looked skeptical, "If they did that, no one would sign up."

Sai nodded, "No one's that suicidal."

Before Kankuro could say anything else, the gates opened to show an annoyed looking Chuunin with short, black hair that spiked a little at the back, dark eyes, and a perpetual frown.

"That's my cousin, Uchiha Hiro," Sasuke hissed to Naruto.

"All of you, show your identification," Hiro said, glaring around at them, "If it is verified, you will be given a visa that always traverse within the civilian sector of Konoha, you all have a room at one of the inns here, and you will be permitted to look around the civilian sectors all you like until Chuunin Exam day, which is in two days from now."