Some sadistic part of her longed to meet Ami again just so that she could she could get her for every forehead joke.

A woman in a expensive looking green kimono walked up to the man.

"Two origiri," she ordered.

Sakura's stomach rumbled.

"Coming up," the man said, "You're from around Kirigakure, right? Thought so. Have the Kaguya been causing trouble?"

"Same old, same old," the woman said with a sigh, "That clan always seems on the verge of causing some sort of battle. It's only a matter of time until they do something stupid like attack."

"I never have understood what they're being left along for," the vendor said, he sounded like he was trying to get some information.

"You're poking your nose where it's going to be bitten off, old man," the woman said in a level tone.

"I just want to know if the story of the treasure is true," the vendor said indignantly.

"That the Kaguya have a king's ransom stored off somewhere?" the woman asked, "Well, that would explain why they haven't been killed off."

"They don't know anything else in Kiri?" the man sounded disappointed.

"No, but I am returning home on the North Road. It takes you directly past their…district…I'm sure you could come and see for yourself…" the woman's voice had a bit of malice in it.

A large origiri fell to the floor, and Sakura snatched it up.

"You idiot," the woman said calmly, "and what is this?"

The cloth that protected Sakura from being seen was lifted and a thirty or so year old woman surveyed her.

"I hope this gaki isn't yours," the woman said without changing her tone.

"What gaki?" the vendor leaned over and started at her.

He aimed a kick for Sakura but missed. Sakura grabbed her origiri and dashed off, looking back in time to make a rude face.

"If I ever see you again near my booth, you'll get beaten to within an inch of your life!" the man yelled after here.

"Are those common here?" was the last thing that Sakura heard the woman ask.

She clutched the origiri tightly and wove through the crowds. The talk of the treasure and king's ransoms made her exited. Sakura didn't know what a king's ransom was, but she knew that kings ate every day, and got to bathe as much as they wanted, and didn't have to worry about what would happen when winter came. A king's ransom would have to be a lot of money.

Sakura couldn't wait to tell everyone what she had just learned.

"What've you got?" Gaara asked.

It was evening, which meant time to show off what had been pilfered. Everyone sat in one of Gaara's sand domes. It was warm, so there was no need for a fire, but they still sat close together. Gaara had been the first to produce findings which consisted of three sticks of fried squid, and a large dumpling.