A Fallen Angel's End Pt. 2

important note: i rushed this really bad. so if there are any inconsistencies or issues, please do comment it down /nf ! i want to make sure this chapter is as coherent and emotionally impactful as possible <:3.

7 minutes have passed.

Fan's voice grew tired, worn out, and it turned into a small whisper at every word he uttered the more he spoke.

"Uhm, what about your friends? You remember them?" He asks in a low tone. Nickel looks up from his legs, then at Fan. His face had a confused and sad expression. "No. I don't know anything about... anything. I can't remember anything at all."

Test Tube hasn't spoken in the last 7 minutes either. She just paced back and forth around the room looking at her notes and at her clipboard, muttering anxious nothings into the air as she bit on her nails. If Fan could roll his eyes and groan, he would.

Even if he knew Test Tube's sudden impulse to hit Nickel square in the head with the hammer was merely done for the sake of it, he still should have gotten more mad at her than he originally had. He stares at her with a painful feeling of guilt in his gut, feeling bad for not making his reaction much more intense that it should have been.

He stares at the door longingly, hoping to find some kind of solution the longer he stared. Right outside that door not long ago, he sobbed and engulfed himself in his own sorrow and tears. Guilt and grief wrapped himself, and that same tight knit feeling left a pain in his chest.

Fan frowns, looking back down at Nickel, who only looked up at him with a furrowed eyebrows. "What is happening, Fan? Where am I?" Fan introduced himself not more than a few seconds ago, and had to introduce Test Tube to him given she was preoccupied. He mostly did it because of the grunt of refusal that came out of Test Tube as soon as he glanced at her, awaiting her turn.

Test Tube croaks out a groan, flipping through the papers in her hands. Her coat, now on her shoulders, was disheveled and still covered in Knife's blood.

His heart sinks at the thought of him just by the slightest.

Oh, Knife. He thinks to himself, I hope Taco took care of him before escaping. He's still raw from the surgery, and I'm sure Test Tube did not put him to sleep nor give him any anesthetics before sewing his mouth shut.

He suddenly feels a burning feeling growing in his chest. He pushes it down, closing his eyes as exhales slowly.

His thoughts were filled with guilt yet again. He curses at himself, now realizing how much of a coward he was back then. He could have done something, he could have helped them escape. And now he's taking a huge risk by doing it right at this moment, while Test Tube was distracted for who knows how long.

His mind could only take so much. Worrying about the escape plan he made on the spot, and worrying how long Test Tube can stay distracted. It doesn't help that he himself is trying to recover from Nickel's sudden wake from his long slumber. What made it worse is that he couldn't feel anything at all. All and any emotion were deprived from his mind.

"O-okay. So from my studies, it seems Nickel has forgotten everything. I mean, duh, but fortunately, his wound has successfully healed. Throughout his coma, considering you and I gave him the treatment he needed, both outside and inside his wound, his stitches near the right have successfully healed. So, no need for the bandages anymore," Test Tube mutters out, clicking and unclicking her pen every now and then.