"Seatbelts."

"Yes Ma'am!"

😘

The kid was soundly asleep in her arms as she made her way back to the apartment. Hands full of their stuff and groceries because she had to do a last-minute grocery run. Of course, she left the kid in the car but with it still running, dark so that no one knew Anna was in there and she hurried. Irmina was stopped a couple of times by her neighbours, talking about the most random things as they tried not to wake Anna up.

"Hey Mina, do you still have wheat flour left?"

"Uh...I think so?" Irmina said unlocking the doors while her neighbour, Catherine, a Brit who moved here for work, waited outside. "You want supper?"

"If you don't mind."

"If I did mind, I wouldn't have asked."

Catherine scoffed, entering the apartment and removing her shoes since Irmina removed hers and Anna's. The neighbour helped with some of the groceries, leaving Irmina to take care of Anna for a bit.

"How's the apartment been?"

"Quite comfortable, I have a roommate so rent is quite easy. A roommate that is your friend."

🙂

Writing small notes during her mornings has been easier than it ever was. Irmina had whiteboards on her fridge and in her office, just in case Anna wanted something or she just wanted to doodle every time she saw them or even little encouragement notes and phrases.

Anna studies in her office all the time which Irmina do not oppose at all.

The girl that she was thinking about, walked out of the office and into the kitchen and froze after seeing Irmina. She looked at her, didn't know whether to be impressed or disappointed.

"I'm assuming you didn't sleep and are hungry for food." The kid nodded, walking to the fridge and Irmina sighed, finishing up the post-it. Once she was done with everything she needed for the morning, she placed a kiss on Anna's forehead and said, "Please sleep. I do not want your little head—"

"Can you teach me how to fight?"

"Sure."

"I don't want the soft training or the babying—"

"I don't go soft with anyone. No matter what. I will teach you how to fight—kill if necessary but I need to know if you are up for it."

"How?"

"Learn how to sacrifice—not yourself but make sure that you know what you want to focus on and also have your hobbies. Discipline yourself."

"I can do that."

"Spending time with me means you will have to sacrifice your time and friends but I will never make you lose a normal childhood. Understand?"

"Yes, Ma'am."

"Go to sleep."

"Yes, Ma'am..."

¬_¬

"Yamato_san?" Irmina called, reading through her papers while on a call with a friend. Marlene entered with lunch, placing it on the table before asking if she could have lunch with her son Irmina didn't reject and let her go but sure Irmina could reach her without any single problem or this privilege would not exist. "I need you to craft something really nice, Yamato-san."