Chapter 7

Soon after Ben left too, leaving both Richie and Beverly in the clubhouse.

"What did you and Eddie do?!" She exclaimed, sitting at the edge of the hammock.

Richie covered his eyes. "Is it really that obvious?"

"Yes! Now tell me what you guys did. Are you guys together?"

"I don't know. Today was our first date."

"WHAT?! I knew it would happen eventually, but WHAT?!"
Beverly yelled.

"What do you mean, you knew it would happen eventually?" Richie asked.

"Oh don't be stupid. You see the way Eddie looks at you," Bev replied.

"I do?" He asked again.

"You mean you don't?! Shit Richie, he really likes you, y'know."

"HE DOES?!"

"You're so stupid." Beverly replied.

Richie just sighed and layed his head on her shoulder. "I know," he muttered.

"Alright, you have to tell me what you guys did! I need all the details." Beverly said, leaning foreward, sitting with her legs crossed.

"Alright, but don't expect this every time." Richie replied, but he was actually really happy he was able to tell someone.

Beverly lit a cigarette and passed it between them while Richie recounted what had happened yesterday, what had happened in the auditorium and what had happened during the date. He toned down the kissing parts of the story so it sounded like just a peck on the lips, but Beverly knew.

"Holy shit Richie, good for you man!" Beverly said, clapping her hands together. "Seriously, I didn't think you'd have the balls to kiss him like that!"

"I totally have the balls to kiss anyone!" Richie retorted.

"Yeah yeah, sure. But Eddie? Damn." She shook her head, smashing the head of the cigarette on the ground.

"Anyways, what happened with you? Anything happened when you, Benny boy, Stan and Bill went swimming?" Richie asked.

"Not really." She shrugged.

"Sucks you don't have any updates on your love triangle yet." He said dramatically. "Why should I tell you every single detail of my very large dating life when you have none of your own?"

"I don't know what to do, Richie! I really like Bill, but on the other hand, I don't want to hurt Ben."

"Yeah, I get that. Haystack would probably jump off a cliff for you, so you're pretty screwed."

"Mhm, don't remind me. He's so sweet, but I don't like him like that."

The duo continued talking about their love life, nit caring in the slightest how dark it was getting. It was getting dark, and it was getting dark quick.

"Shit, it's already 9:00!" Beverly said. "My dad's gonna kill me!"

"Alright, I have to go too. Do you want me to walk you home? Your house is on the way to mine." Richie asked.

"Sure, why not. Come on though, I seriously don't want to get in too much trouble."

The two climbed out of the clubhouse and closed the trapdoor and made their way to Beverly's house.

"Thanks for letting me vent Rich," Beverly said as she gave him a good-bye hug.

"Anytime Bev." He replied with a smile.

The two parted ways, Beverly going up the stairs to her apartment on the top floor and Richie walking back to his house.

It was an uneventful walk luckily. When Richie got home, plopped down on the couch and put on the television.

Richie was flipping through the channels as his dad came and sat down beside him. He gave a nod of acknowledgement to his son and started reading the newspaper that was on the coffee table while drinking some coffee.

Richie looked through the channels until he saw one that caught his eye. It was a show called All The Rights (not a real show). Richie watched it for a while not really paying any attention to the show, but then the two main characters kissed. A guy named Will and a guy named Paul. Richie's heart skipped a beat when he saw his dad watching the show.

Richie was afraid. What would his dad say? Would he make a face and call them fags?

"Oh I remember this show. One of me old buddies named Sean and his boyfriend Liam was so happy when this show came out. Glad people have more representation now-a-days." Richie's dad commented, and went back to reading the newspaper.

Richie looked to his dad, tears in his eyes. "Yeah," his voiced cracked. "I'm going to go to bed now." Richie said, turning off the TV and going to his room. His dad didn't seem to notice.

"G'night Richard."

Richie entered his room and let his tears fall freely. He was so happy, words couldn't describe the absolute bliss he was feeling.

Sorry this chapter is kind of short, but I have an extra-long chapter planned!!
<3

My L♡ve (A Reddie Fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara