𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐭é𝐬

Start from the beginning

You listened intently to Jack. You didn't really want to, but his words and the way his dark eyes were focused on you as they spoke captivated you. You still didn't really believe the whole story, especially not the cursed-treasure-part, but you couldn't deny how exciting it was to hear about it.

"What is this curse about?", you asked in fascination and your former anger faded.

"Barbossa and the rest of his disloyal rats wander between the worlds. They are not among the living, and so they cannot die. But neither are they dead. They are forced to wander the world forever without any meaning", Jack answered you and for a moment there was a comfortable silence, as if you both had drifted off into thoughts.

Then Jack added: "Until every last piece of the gold returns to its chest and is repaid by blood."

The word blood snapped you out of your trance of fascination and disbelief. You remembered again what Jack had wanted to do to Will on the Isla de Muerta and your anger returned.

"And what is Will's part in all this? For what do you want to use him? And his blood?", you said and eagerly stood up to take a step towards Jack.

The ghost story was all nice and sweet, but you finally wanted to know the truth about Jack and his intentions.

With your hands on your hips, you glared at him, trying to at least look somewhat scary or intimidating. But that didn't seem to have an effect on the pirate you looked up to.

"For someone who doesn't believe in ghost stories, you are quite curious about this one, aren't you, lassie?", Jack smirked at you and for some reason, your cheeks flushed, and you looked down at your soaked wet feet.

"I just want to know why you would betray Will like that. Cause I know that you want to use him as leverage, don't you dare lying to me, Jack", you said and looked back at him with a serious expression after you had gathered yourself.

"Betrayal? No, I would rather call it an exchange of information in a moment that is opportune for well... meself", he said with his slurred speech and flailing hand gestures and began pacing back and forth in the small cell, making noise with every step he took through the water.

"See, only after Barbossa and his crew had spent the gold did they know it was cursed. And to break the curse, they had to return all the gold back to the Isla the Muerta and pay for it with their blood, every single one who took from the chest. Unfortunately, Barbossa already killed one whose blood they need. Bootstrap Bill Turner."

Your eyes widened.

"Turner?"

"Yes, Turner. He is the father of dear William", Jack nodded.

"But why do they need Will?", you asked in confusion.

"They need Will's blood to lift the curse because his father's blood runs through his veins, savvy?"

"Right", you nodded and looked at your feet.

You felt bad for Will. None of this was his fault, he had nothing to do with it and yet he was dragged into this. It made you even angrier to know that he probably didn't even have a single clue that Barbossa was after him and that Jack was about to use this information for his advantage.

"And because you are the only one who knows about this, you will use Will for your own advantage?", you asked while looking back up.

But to your surprise, Jack was no longer on the other side of the cell pacing up and forth, but right in front of you.

You were only a few inches apart when you looked up at him into his deep and velvety brown eyes. His unique and unmistakable scent, which you had also smelled in his cabin and when you had worn his coat, hung in the air.