"Actually, Y/N," Robin spoke, "I had something else in mind,"

He held out a T-Communicator he had been keeping in his utility belt.

"I always keep a spare lying around." Robin added, "I was saving this for tomorrow,"

"But since you're so adamant on leaving, this oughta change your mind," Raven spoke, her hood over her head.

Y/N stared at the moment.

"Is this a joke? Is a clown about to run out and hit me in the face with a pie?" Y/N questioned, looking around frantically.

Robin chuckled, "Nope. It's the real deal. And since you and Raven seem to be at ease, I figured you'd make a great addition to the team."

"Did you guys know about this?" Y/N asked, looking at Starfire and Raven.

"Somewhat..." Starfire muttered.

"When you and I went out to the Wilted Rose, it gave the team some time to think about it. And yes, they consulted with me before making the decision," Raven continued, smiling ever-so-slightly.

Y/N slightly jumped inside. Did Raven just agree to 'go out' with him so the Titans could ponder accepting him into the team? Should he feel complimented or insulted?

Oh well, what was he to complain about?

Finally, people are accepting me for who I am. I'm happy... right?

Slade's voice still rang like a church bell in his head.

Starfire swiftly levitated over to him, taking his right hand in both of hers, "Y/N, please accept. We would all love for you to occupy this team."

Her eyes were deep and pure with compassion. Her eyes sent him back in time to the lost spirits of all of the children he had slain out of cold blood.

Could he do this?

"Alright, I'll stay," he said, wearing a dim smile.

Starfire bounced up and down in delight, "Joy! Mushroom-Cake with Mustarf Frosting and the Habenaro Sprinkles will be concocted to celebrate!" She exclaimed, before flying up the stairs like a lightning bolt.

"And I thought Beast Boy's pizza was bad..." Y/N remarked.

Robin approached him, slapping the communicator into his hand, "Welcome to the Teen Titans, Y/N."

Y/N took it and examined it

Y/N took it and examined it. The blank screen allowed him to view his enthusiastic/surprised facial expression, an expression that he had not worn in a long, long time.

"Meet in the gym at 6:00 AM sharp tomorrow morning for a training session, where we'll discuss what you do in more distinct detail. You're gonna be a great asset to this team, Y/N. Thanks for taking up my offer," and with that, Robin followed Starfire's path up the stairs to hit the hay.