Episode 06: The First Snow

Start from the beginning

"...Jeon-ee-ssi~!" – He tried called her attention; but her mind is too occupied, so she didn't even noticed Kang Joon was there. Kang Joon somehow felt a bit unseen and that makes him feel disappointed for no reason he's aware of.

(That afternoon – in front of Ji-myeon's house)
Jeon-ee stood in front of Ji-myeon's house, her heart pounding in her chest; the first snow of this year started falling. She's holding the box of pastries she bought earlier and onto her left hand, a letter folded in heart-shaped origami, a letter she wrote last night pouring all her feelings towards her first love.

"...그래 geurae Jeon-ee-yahh~, you can do this,.." – trying to cheer herself.

She's about hit the doorbell button when someone from the inside suddenly opened the door, she was shocked, it was him, and he is now standing in front of her. She's speechless and seems to forget all the things she rehearsed for this confession d-day.

Ji-myeon, who's about to head out was also dumbfounded seeing Jeon-ee standing in front of him. He seems has a lot of things to say, and explain, but, just like Jeon-ee, he went speechless of a second; All he did was stared at her as the snow started to fall heavily, blanketing the world in a cold, white silence.

"...Ough~ A-jju—shi?,.." – She murmur, and immediately looked down, feeling embarrassed as if gotten caught off-guard.

"...Ough!~ Jeon-ee-ssi?, What are you doing... here?" – He asked awkwardly.

"I... I think I've fallen for you,.." Jeon-ee confessed, her voice barely above a whisper.

Ji-myeon looked at her, his expression was unreadable; "Jeon-ee-ssi..," he began, his voice was gentle yet firm; "You're young, and you have so much ahead of you. I care about you, but not in the way you want me to. You need to explore life at this age, and maybe, in the future, find someone who can give you the love you deserve." – He then hold Jeon-ee on her shoulder before he left and went back inside the house.

Jeon-ee who's left outside lowered her head out of embarrassment, fighting back the tears threatening to spill from her eyes. She couldn't even manage to turn away, as her heart aching with Ji-myeon's rejection; overwhelmed by her feelings, she fell to her knees down to the snow, her sobs echoing in the silence.

Unbeknownst to her, Kang Joon had been standing from afar witnessing the whole scene. Seeing Jeon-ee crying alone in the snow, he hurried over to her; "Jeon-ee-ssi!" he called out, his breath visible in the cold air.

She looked up at him with her tears heavily falling like the snow, her face a mask of hurt and confusion. "Ajussh~i...?" , as if wondering why all of a sudden Kang Joon was standing in front of her.

"I was passing by when I saw you with Ji-myeon," he admitted, his eyes filled with concern. He kneeled down next to her, offering a comforting presence, "Jeon-ee-ssi, its freezing,.. And you're upset,.. You need to go home." – he insisted.

But Jeon-ee shook her head stubbornly, her tears starting to freeze on her cheeks, "I can't leave,.. I have to talk to Ji-myeon ajusshi,.. I have to make him understand,.. me,.. my heart,.."

Behind the closed door, Ji-myeon heard their conversation and knew at this moment, Jeon-ee is freezing to the cold. He felt a pang of concern for Jeon-ee, but he knew he must resist himself from go out. He had made himself clear, and he didn't want to give her any false hopes anymore.