𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙇𝙑𝙀, 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨

ʻ 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦, 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘥𝘢𝘺𝘴
𝘪'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘪 𝘢𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦, 𝘯𝘰, 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭ʼ

KYRA BARATHEON had listened to her Aunt Kiren and gone to see her Uncle Tyrion in the morning the day after the - awkward - dinner she had been forced to attend. The girl had no idea why her uncle wished to see her, but she assumed it was important as if it wasn't Tyrion would likely have someone else send his message for him. Kyra finds herself knocking on the door of her uncle's chambers - which are the same for the Hand of the King, which her grandfather, Tywin, had declared Tyrion as while he was fighting against the Northmen. As she knocked, she silently prayed he wouldn't have a random woman in his bed from the night before, as she had walked in on him once and it was, by far, the worst thing she had ever seen. Kyra also learned to knock and wait for Tyrion to tell her to come in or open the door himself after that.

"What?" Tyrion sounds irritated as he opens the door, and he looks as though he just woke up to Kyra knocking on his door. Though, he's at least fully dressed and Kyra has no sight of anyone else in the room, so she's at least grateful for that. "Oh, Kyra, good morning." Tyrion's tone quickly changes from peeved to gentle when he sees it's his niece standing at his door.

"Aunt Kiren said you wanted to see me," Kyra says, though her tone makes it out as more of a question of why Tyrion wanted to see her. She doesn't comment on the fact it's almost the afternoon and 'good morning' isn't exactly the best greeting, still going off the fact her uncle just woke up and this would be his morning whether it's hers or not.

"Ah, yes, come in." Tyrion waves Kyra to come into his room and the Baratheon girl steps inside as her uncle closes the door and moves away, grabbing a cup and filling it with wine. Kyra doesn't comment on that being his choice of morning beverage, either. "I can trust you, yes? You know how to keep things to yourself?"

"Yes, of course, you can trust me," Kyra confirms, though her brows furrow in confusion, unsure and slightly suspicious of where this is going. "I can keep a secret." She adds. And it's true, Kyra knows well how to keep things to herself when she's asked to do so. People tend to trust her with their secrets, and Kyra tends to keep her mouth shut no matter what she's told. "Why? Do you need me to keep one for you?"

"Yes," Tyrion nods, turning his back to his niece and walking over to his circular table, sitting in one of the wooden chairs. "Sit." Tyrion gestures to the chair across from him with the hand that isn't holding the glass of wine in her hand. "I've been holding this to myself. The only others who know are Bronn," the man recently declared Lord Commander by Tyrion himself, "and Lord Varys." Kyra isn't sure why Tyrion would entrust Varys, a man known infamously as the Spider and the Master of Whisperers on the Small Council, but she assumes her uncle would know better than her when it comes to whom he should trust.

"Is it... very bad?" Kyra questions, her tone curious and mildly concerned, knowing with her uncle a secret could be something simple to him having committed multiple atrocities. "Did you do something?" She asks, trying to not make assumptions about the secret but also trying to prepare herself in case it is something horrible that she'll have to carry with her in silence.

"No, it's not very bad." Tyrion chuckles slightly before taking a sip of his wine, though Kyra - judging by his tone - can assume it's still bad, even if it isn't very bad. "But still, you can't tell anyone else about this." His tone turns slightly more serious for a moment, and Kyra nods to confirm she won't tell anyone about whatever he's about to say.

"I swear it," Kyra speaks, wanting to assure Tyrion she won't speak a word of it to anyone, even if it feels like she should. She tries to avoid secrets within her family, but she's become too curious for her own good to leave now. "What is it?" Tyrion sighs quietly in response to the question, gulping down the remainder of the wine in his cup before setting it down on the table.

"When I came to this place, I did not just bring myself and a few men." Tyrion begins, though his start only causes Kyra to become more confused than ever - at least for the duration of this conversation. "I'll keep it simple." Tyrion sighs and puts his elbows on the table, clasping his hands together. "I also brought, what you would call, a... a whore."

"You brought a whore to the Red Keep? With my mother here?" Kyra's eyes widen and her brows raise in surprise at the confession of her uncle. It isn't that she's bothered by it herself, but she knows that if her mother were to figure out about Tyrion's mistress she would be furious. After a moment of processing, which Kyra appreciates Tyrion giving her, she calms down slightly. "Do you... do you love her?" Kyra had heard about the last time her uncle had supposedly fallen in love, and it hadn't ended well for him, so she was curious if he would even let himself fall in love with a woman of this stranger's type.

"I think so." Based on Tyrion's expression and tone, it seems he had been expecting a stronger reaction to what he had told Kyra, though he also seems glad she didn't have the predicted reaction. Kyra's expression softens slightly, and she takes a slight breath to fully calm herself down before she stands from the chair she was in across from her uncle.

"Good." Kyra nods as she pushes her chair back in, standing behind it with her hands on the back of it for a moment. She then steps away from the chair and moves to exit the room, opening the door to leave.

"Where are you going?" Tyrion's brows furrow and he stands from his chair, standing by the table and looking at Kyra curiously as she turns back to face him so she can answer his question.

"I have needlework with the Septa," Kyra answers simply, as if this had been another of their normal interactions. "Mother would kill me herself if I missed another lesson." She's slightly joking, though Cersei would be just as furious with her if she skipped another lesson as she would be with Tyrion if his secret of his mistress got out. "I won't tell anyone. I promise."

Tyrion simply nods in response, gesturing for Kyra to exit the room as she has to. "Go, then, Kyra." He says as he gestures, and Kyra gives him a small smile before she turns back around and leaves, closing the door behind her.

Considering things she's been told many other secrets from many other people, from the common people of King's Landing to her own family, this isn't that bad. Not to her, at least, but she knows if it got out nothing good would come of it. So she won't - she'll keep her mouth shut like she always does when she's burdened with a secret until it comes out on its own.

Because Kyra also knows that no matter how hard a person tries to cover their secrets and lies up; the truth will always come out, one way or another.