𝙏𝙀𝙉, 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘧 𝘫𝘶𝘭𝘺

ʻ 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘷𝘦?
𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘳𝘺ʼ

KIREN LANNISTER sits next to Sansa Stark as she eats dinner with her elder sister, nieces, and nephews - except for Joffrey. Kiren hadn't been planning on joining them for dinner, but she figured she might as well just to see what it was like. In short, Kiren found the dinner was filled with awkward silence for the majority of the night, at least this far.

"When will Joffrey and Sansa be married?" Myrcella breaks the silence, though her question doesn't make it any less awkward, and her only sister Kyra glares at her from where she sits beside Myrcella. Sansa's head jerks up, and Kiren and Rylon both look in slight concern at the sudden action, though the other four at the table appear obvious to the young girl's feelings as Sansa looks at Cersei.

"Soon, darling, when the war is over." Cersei smiles at her youngest daughter. Kiren doesn't say anything, but she wishes Cersei hadn't mentioned the war between them and the Northerners, at least not in front of Sansa, who's been more fragile than glass since the execution of her father.

"Mother says I'll have a new gown for the ceremony and another for the feast," Myrcella tells Sansa as she looks at the redheaded girl, and it's clear to Kiren that her younger niece doesn't fully understand why she shouldn't be taking about dresses with Sansa at the moment, which Kiren, of course, can't blame the child for, but she still wishes the topic had been left alone. "But yours will be ivory since you're the bride." Sansa stays silent, and Kiren prefers the previous awkward silence more than the current tension-filled one.

"The princess just spoke to you," Cersei says in a forced sweet voice as she speaks to Sansa, and the Stark girl takes a deep breath before forcing a smile and looking at Cersei.

"Pardon, Your Grace." Sansa nods in Cersei's direction before looking over to Myrcella from across the table with the same forced smile. "I'm sure your dress will be beautiful, Myrcella." The Stark girl takes another shaky breath. "I'm counting the days until the fighting is done and I can pledge my love to the King in sight of the gods." By the end of her sentence, Sansa looks close to tears, but she blinks them away, leaving her eyes glassy.

"Is Joffrey going to kill Sansa's brother?" As soon as the question leaves Tommen's mouth, a quiet 'ow' follows and the young boy glares at his elder brother, Rylon, making it clear he had likely stepped on Tommen's foot underneath the table.

"He might," Cersei responds casually, and Sansa takes a long drink of her wine and looks down at the table. Kiren glares at Cersei from across the table, but her sister seems to either not notice or not care. "Would you like that?" The question is directed towards Tommen, but Cersei is looking directly at Sansa.

"No." Tommen shakes his head with a slight frown. "I don't think so." Kiren smiles approvingly and softly at her youngest nephew for his answer, glad that even if he does think as his mother does he doesn't say it outright in front of Sansa.

"Even if he does, Sansa will do her duty." Cersei looks to Tommen briefly before her gaze lands back on Sansa. "Won't you, little dove?" She smiles coldly, and Sansa only manages a nod and a false smile before she looks back down to her plate dejectedly.

"Kyra." Kiren addresses her older niece before the conversation about Sansa can continue, and the Lannister grabs Sansa's hand under the table in a comforting manner. "Have you gone to see your uncle Tyrion yet? I believe he wished to speak to you."

"No," Kyra answers simply. Kiren had noticed Kyra seemed to be quiet most of the time, usually with her nose buried in a book if she wasn't being dragged somewhere by her mother. It was a trait that, despite how she was now, Kiren had when she was Kyra's age, and it helped her relate to her.

"Make sure to see him soon. Perhaps sometime tomorrow. It may be important." Kiren states as Sansa slightly squeezes her hand under the table. Kyra simply nods from across the table before she continues eating her dinner as Kiren squeezes back in an almost maternal manner.