𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉, 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯' 𝘰𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯'𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳

ʻ 𝘮𝘢𝘮𝘢 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘢𝘥𝘨𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘮𝘦
𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦
𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘦𝘦ʼ

EYAN STARK walks alongside Lord Roose Bolton with a handful of Northern soldiers following closely behind them through the aftermath of the Northmen's assault on a Lannister camp.  All around them are dead bodies, men crying out in pain close to dying, and their horses neighing around them. Eyan looks around slowly, taking in the sight of the soldiers and horses.

"Five Lannisters dead for every one of ours." Roose Bolton snaps Eyan out of his daze with his gruff voice. "They're dead." He comments as Eyan looks over to the side of him at the other Northman. "Take everything they've got." He demands before he turns back to the King in the North. "We've nowhere to keep all these prisoners." Lord Bolton shakes his head as he says, "Barely enough food to feed our own."

"We aren't executing prisoners, Lord Bolton." Eyan frowns at the suggestion, shaking his head in return, looking ahead again.

"Of course, Your Grace." Lord Bolton nods once stiffly, though it's clear he isn't sure even with the commands of his King. "The officers will be useful. Some of them may be privy to Tywin Lannister's plans."

"I'm doubtful." Eyan sighs and runs a hand through his dark hair.

"Well, we'll learn soon enough." Lord Bolton looks ahead and his eyes scan the bloodied scene all around him. "In my family, we say, 'A naked man has few secrets. A flayed man none.'" Eyan lets out a quiet grunt of disapproval.

"My father outlawed flaying in the North," Eyan says, and he plans on sticking by that rule for as long as he is to live as the King in the North, even if it would get him more information, Eyan isn't a torturer.

"We're not in the North." Lord Bolton comments, though Eyan knows this is Roose Bolton's way of trying to convince him to go against his father's words while also trying to make him think it was his idea.

"We are not torturing them." Eyan refuses, looking over to Lord Bolton with a frown and his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

"The high road's very pretty, but you'll have a hard time marching your army down it." Lord Bolton looks over at Eyan when the King does, the same look on his face.

"The Lannisters hold prisoners of their own." Eyan reminds the Bolton soldier. "I won't give them an excuse to abuse my sisters." Eyan looks away from Lord Bolton when he hears the upset cries of another man.

"No, don't! Don't! Please!" The man, a wounded soldier, struggles as a woman appears to be trying to tend to his wounds as Eyan nears the scene, also noticing his brother, Robb, watching from the other side of the soldier. Another woman comes up and tries to help, though that doesn't stop the man from trying to struggle away from the two as they remove his tattered pants and attempt to help his bloody wounds.

"The rot's set in." The original woman Eyan saw trying to help the soldier informs the man and the other woman as Eyan walks over to his younger brother across the yard.

"No, don't!" The soldier continues, trying to writhe away from the grasp of the two women. Eyan makes it over to his brother, his brows slightly furrowed as they silently greet each other before they both look back to the scene. "Please, don't! It'll get better. It doesn't even hurt." The soldier attempts to plead with the women, but it's clear they know better than to believe him about it being just fine.

"The rot will spread if we don't take the foot now." The woman shakes her head, trying her best to keep the man held down with his insistent struggle.

"Robb." Eyan lightly nudges his brother and nods towards the woman. "Go help her." Robb just nods once before he goes and approaches the woman and her patient with a slightly concerned expression.

Eyan can't force himself to watch as the woman and his brother hold the man down, turning away and walking in the opposite direction. Despite being King in the North and commanding an army of Northmen against the Lannister's forces, he's never actually liked anything he has to do. But he has to do it, whether he likes it or not.