the erratic flying of a butterfly

Start from the beginning

And instead of talking about another muse in the past, Lisa would whisper in her ear, I love you, Chaeyoung.

Roseanne paid the bill right away and walked out of the café hurriedly.

"Chaeyoung," Lisa tried to call the supermodel one more time, but Roseanne pretended not to hear her.

When Roseanne reached Lisa's car, she absentmindedly pulled the door handle, only to realize it was not yet unlocked.

"Please, let me explain." Lisa held the blonde's shoulders to face her, but Roseanne still would not meet her eyes. "Chaeyoung? Will you hear me out now?"

"Open this damn door!" Roseanne demanded crossly. She was seeing grey, and her insides were turning the color of Lisa's Wrangler. Her system clutched an emergency button, now all she could hear were sirens to fight the fires that were engulfing her, burning her eyes as she tried to keep her tears at bay.

"Chaeyoung, just—"

Roseanne glared. "That's like the tenth time you called me and have I not made it clear that I don't want to talk?" There were too many emotions choking her, disabling her to construct nice words. Knowing herself well, she better stay silent.

Scream inside.

And implode.

Or else, her words would cut Lisa in pieces.

How could you tell this to me just now? Am I just here to make you remember you loved someone else, and you may still have feelings for her—or are you not broken up? Am I another experiment then? Who was she? Am I going to be replaced too? It shouldn't have been me all along?! You're making me feel expendable! What is this to you? WHAT AM I TO YOU—

And they were getting mixed up with her desperate cry for her mom,

Mom, I'm sorry for overreacting. I was being dramatic! I know you only wanted me to be better. Please don't leave me. Please!

and her quarrels with Jennie.

Take that thing off, Jennie! You're not me! It's mine! You'll never take my place!

It was reminding her how terrible of a person she was, and maybe this was karma.

Lisa caught Roseanne's agonizing look. Her arms reached to hug despite Roseanne's cold push. "It's in the past now. She wasn't the right muse for me, okay?"

Roseanne had not realized she was holding her breath, her anger, back. "We have to go." The hug was nice. Lisa's words were sweet. But Lisa, my tongue would hurt you so let's stop talking—

"I'm sorry if I didn't tell you." Lisa let go of the hug when she felt Roseanne stopped shaking. Or was it her?

Roseanne could not hold one thought in. "If Jisoo didn't ruin that painting, would you change your mind about her?"