I ran my fingers through my hair and tried to get my breathing back to normal. I drank a glass of water and discarded the shirt on the floor. That fucking bastard! The scars on my back although healed prickled slightly. Another memory flashed in my mind. This always happens after a nightmare. A bitter reminder that he's still alive and not punished.

He shouldn't be alive! I once again felt anger and I wanted to destroy something. My hands were itching to text Max. I wanted to check if there were any underground matches. I wanted to destroy something but those matches weren't the way.

I have been progressing so well. I cannot go back to square one. Especially now that I'm so close to playing in the Olympics. Aarav's words rang in my ear. "You are better than this Anurag."

I went to my training room and practiced. My mind was still racing with all the memories. I punched the bag hard until my senses and mind were numb. I could feel the sweat rolling down my body along with the tension.

I checked my phone to see that it was almost three in the morning. I decided to take a quick shower and take a nap for a few hours. Today was our weekly family dinner. I grabbed my phone once again. I debated if I should send the text or not but I finally made up my mind and shot a quick text. "I want you to find someone for me." I fell asleep, and at last, there were no dreams.

***

I heaved a breath and kept the tub of ice creams that I had ordered a few minutes back in the freezer. I checked my phone for the 100th time today, there was still no reply. Mom fluttered around the house. She was excited as she had invited a guest and also had a special announcement to make.

I'm always happy to see them happy but today my head hurt. Between her chirpy voice and Sana's along with Aarav's annoying teasing the throbbing in my head only intensified.

I squeezed my brows between my fingers trying to reduce my headache. "Are you okay?" Aarav asked. I rubbed my eyes for a second and nodded.

"I'm fine," I said curtly. He frowned at me and shook his head.

"Anurag, you had another nightmare didn't you?" I was about to protest but he shook his head.

"Why didn't you call me?" He asked, his voice laced with concern.

"No point in disturbing you. I handled it just fine." I replied and leaned against the counter.

"Anurag you are my brother, my family. Why would your call be a disturbance to me? When will you let me be there for you? How many times have you come and been with me whenever I had a nightmare? It's what we do. Just promise me that next time you have a nightmare you'll call me."

I nodded but Aarav did not seem satisfied with my response. "I need words, Anurag". I grunted."I promise," I muttered and he nodded satisfied with my response.

"You don't have to carry everything on your own. I'm here to share the burden." He squeezed my shoulder and left me alone with my thoughts.

"Okay, all of you come to the living room right now! Your Dad and I have an announcement to make!"

I frowned and went to the living room. I sat beside Sana who smiled at me and held my arm. I smiled and ruffled her hair. Aarav pouted, Sana laughed and hugged him as well.