CHAPTER 4

|ANURAG|

I caught a seat in the metro. Sana sat in between Aarav and me. We were finally headed home. The science museum visit was quite eventful. She kept chattering about everything that we did today and how excited she was to tell Mom and Dad about it. All the while she clutched the science kit that we had bought her to her chest like it was her most prized possession.

Just before coming on the metro, we had some food and little Miss demanded some ice cream. There was no way Aarav or I could have said no. Especially when she made those cute puppy eyes.

I ruffled her hair when she leaned her head against my arm. "Anurag Bhai! I like Priyanka Di. She's so sweet. What do you think about her?" She tilted her head and waited for me to answer.

"Yeah, Anurag! What did you think about Priyanka?" Aarav added with a smirk on his face. I gave him a blank look and glanced outside as the buildings passed us. "She seemed nice," I answered.

Sana squealed and nodded. "Yes, she's so nice. I want her to be my best friend." Sana declared and went back to discussing something else. I wanted to sigh in relief when she stopped talking about Priyanka.

Priyanka was different. She was so cheery and full of life. She barely reached my shoulders but her brown eyes were fierce yet soft and gleamed with love. When she entered a room it was as if she lit the room with her presence. I frowned shaking my head. This is the exact sort of thing that I needed to avoid. Why did it matter? It's not like I was going to meet or see her again.

I can't think about someone like this. Boxing came first and that's what mattered the most. Then why am I thinking about her? She had caught my attention, no other woman had ever caught my attention like she had.

I had one relationship and it was a disaster. Asha my former classmate and girlfriend wasn't happy with me. She wanted all my attention and wanted me to sideline boxing. She wanted me to claim her publicly and was constantly demanding physical touch. I wasn't comfortable with what she wanted. It didn't work out and since then I haven't been in a relationship.

To be honest I don't even consider that a relationship. I could never open up with her. She tried everything to get me to share things with her but I could never. Then one fine day she did not want to be with me anymore.

No hard feelings though. The break-up was mutual. I was relieved that I didn't have to deal with drama. Also relieved that I didn't have to deal with a hundred texts and phone calls in a day. Unlike Aarav who has dealt with some pretty intense drama in the past.

Priyanka was different. Everything about her was different. I snapped out of my thoughts when the announcement said that we were about to reach our destination. I can't get distracted. I have things that I need to focus on. I can't get sidetracked. Besides I don't think I could ever fall for someone. If I do then I would destroy them, and I would never drag someone else down that path.

Sana grabbed both our hands as we exited the train and walked onto the platform. Mom had texted us that she was waiting for us in Aarav's flat. So we went to his flat.

Most of the days Aarav and I crashed in each other's flats. We could have just lived together but we also wanted our own space that's the reason why we have two different flats.

"Mommy!!!" Sana squealed and hugged her tightly. "Look look! Anurag and Aarav Bhai bought me a science kit! We can build so many things with this!" She rushed towards Dad who was in the kitchen no doubt trying to make some weird dessert. His hobby is to recreate desserts and add his touch to them. Mom chuckled and greeted us each with a hug. I hesitated but hugged her.