Dreams and Havoc

Hi there!

Nice to see you all again!

So, this chapter is going to be shorter than usual.

And yeah. That's it, really.

Happy reading!

Percy's POV:

The next few weeks were as normal as they could be at a school for witches and wizards. All my classes were easy enough, especially with the additional private tutoring I received from the teachers. I tried to contact Annabeth, but no such luck. There must have been some barriers around the school to prevent me from IMing her. I wanted to talk to Hecate about that, but she vanished after I arrived. Probably to avoid me.

I noticed that the Golden Trio were whispering about me. I couldn't hear them or anything, but I sometimes caught them looking my way or abruptly stop talking when I came too close. They seemed to be suspicious about my tattoo. I didn't know why though. I'd ask them about it, but they'd probably lie.

One night, Neville was telling me the story of Voldemort.

"He killed so many innocent people," Neville sobbed. "Wizards, muggles, you name it. He did it for the power - for the thrill. No remorse, no sadness. Nothing. I really wish I was able to be the one who killed him. I would have enjoyed that." Percy had never heard Neville sound so fierce. Any wizard or witch who could make Neville act like that is truly vile.

After hearing about the Golden Trio's quests and struggles, I thought about how lucky they were. They thought they had it bad? Try going through the real-life hell, surviving 2 wars and having to lead your side to victory.

Tired, I excused myself and headed to bed. On my way there, I saw the Golden Trio talking again. I couldn't make out what they were saying, but it was obvious that it was about me. Surprisingly enough, I'm not a complete seaweed brain.

I hadn't had any demigod dreams since I arrived, which I guess is an upside to going to Hogwarts. So, when I closed my eyes, I assumed I'd have a dreamless sleep.

Let's just say that's not what happened.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I was standing in a big, dark room.

I know, great description Percy, but that's all it was. Just miles of an endless, black void. I tried walking, but I soon found out that my legs were stuck. In fact, my entire body except for my head was paralysed. I tried looking for someone or something to help me, but there was nothing.

Don't fight, a voice said in my head. I would have jumped if I was able to.

Don't resist us, Perseus Jackson, the voice said again. Just let go. Join us.

"Sorry, no thanks. My schedule is fully booked up to join any psychos." Was it just me, or were my jokes less. . . jokey?

Apparently, Psycho Number 1 had a friend. It also turns out that they can read minds.

Yes, your joke was terrible. Thank you for noticing that. The voice was a female this time.

"Rude." I mutter.

Why are you so persistent to stay at Hogwarts? Oh, so Psycho Number 1 was back. Why not destroy it and come home? So much simpler, if you ask me.

I blinked. "I wasn't."

I was suddenly engulfed in pain. It felt like knives were being stuck in me from every angle. Even paralysed, I could feel it everywhere.

I bit back a scream. I wasn't going to give these Psychos any satisfaction. To be honest, that seemed to have annoyed them.

Trying to be the hero isn't worth it, Perseus. Psycho Number 2 says. It only brings you more pain.

I took a shuddering breath. "Would now be a bad time to tell you that I go by Percy?"

 Apparently, it was.

The intensity increased for several minutes before I let out my first scream. It was short, but full of anguish and pain. I could hear the Psycho Twins laughing.

All you have to do is give up, Psycho Number 2 says in a sing-song voice.

Just give in, and this'll be over. Psycho Number 1 joined in.

"Right, because that wasn't made clear before." I rolled my eyes.

We stayed like that for what felt like hours before they got bored.

Can we try out our new toy, My Lord? Psycho Number 2 asked.

Yes, that should be fine. If Psycho Number 1 had a beard, I could imagine him stroking it.

Suddenly, my vision showed me all sorts of horrific sights.

I saw Chiron with a leg cut off, looking at me with fear.

I saw Thalia and Nico with a sword that went right through both of them.

I saw Piper and Jason bitten by an empousai, looking at each other for one last time.

I saw Hazel, Frank and Leo, all injured badly, get hit on their heads by a boulder thrown by a Cyclops.

And then I saw Annabeth.

She was wearing a chiton, her face with little to no makeup on. She had a laurel wreath on her head. I thought that she had survived, but then I saw the stab wound at her chest.

"You could have saved me," she whispered. "You could have saved everyone. But you chose that stupid school."

I was on the brink of tears.

"We needed you, and you were gallivanting with your new pals. Thanks a lot."

Her image shimmered and disappeared.

I was suddenly back where I was before. The endless void where I have nothing to do but listen to Psycho Number 1 and 2 try to be scary.

That could happen. Psycho Number 1 said. If you don't come back soon.

And you're not allowed to leave Hogwarts until the end of the school year. So Psycho Number 2 was also here. Yay. 

How do you know that you won't be needed?

"Hecate will get me." I tried convincing myself. "She'd come and let me help, then send me back."

Who knows what a Goddess would do.

 There was silence before I could hear some tutting. Unfortunately. Psycho Number 1 didn't sound very sad. You have to go now.

Finally, I thought.

But a word of advice? Psycho Number 1 just loved speaking, didn't he.

Don't put all your eggs into one basket.

It's done!

Thank you so much for reading! I really appreciate it.

If you have any suggestions, comment them to me and I'll try to get to it.

Thanks, my friends!

Have a nice day!

Chloe :)