Yeh a Wizard, Percy

Hello!

Me again! So, in this chapter, we finally move on from the Great Hall.

But first: The Sorting Hat!

Will Percy be a Gryffindor, a Ravenclaw? Or maybe a Hufflepuff or Slytherin.

You'll just have to wait and see . . .

Percy's POV:

I'm never touching a handball ever again.

I was just unpacking my bags when I saw a new handball. I didn't understand how it ended up there - but hey! A free handball. It could be useful for when I'm feeling ADHD.

As soon as I picked it up, I was suddenly transported into it and fell into a room full of children and adults. They were all in weird robes and eating some kind of feast. I hope they didn't hear my stomach rumbling at the sight.

Despite the shock, I was able to find my voice. "Um. . . hi?"

I was confused as to why there was a pair of red-haired twins pointing sticks at me. Naturally, I ducked when they shouted something and lived to be thankful. A colourful blast erupted from both of the sticks. Quickly, I ran down through the hall, trying to get to the big doors at the end.

Being a seaweed brain, I couldn't help but ask, "Seriously? What'd I do?" Apparently, they didn't like that. People were shouting and pointing their wands at me, trying to get me. Thankfully, I was able to avoid all of them.

When I got to the door, a lady appeared and shielded me from the blasts by using an invisible force field. When I got a closer look at her, I saw that it was none other than Hecate, goddess of magic.

She was talking to the witches and wizards whilst I zoned out. I didn't feel the need to listen to her talk unless she explained what I was doing at. . . wherever I was.

I perked up when I heard an old lady say, ". . . He cannot be here. He could expose the wizarding world and endanger it and every wizard and witch there is."

So, they were witches and wizards. That explained the pointy hat on her head. "So that's why you all started shooting me!" I snapped my fingers. "You could've just said so."

The lady seemed tired. "Well, we couldn't take any chances." Rude.

I zoned out again as Hecate was talking. But that didn't last very long when I saw the old lady's eyes widen. "Everyone, this is Perseus Jackson, a 17-year-old wizard."

Yep. I'm going insane.

After I recovered from shock - and stopped glaring at Hecate - I was told that my mother was a witch in Gryffindor. She fled in her final year at Hogwarts for unknown reasons and was never heard from again. They all thought that she had died and mourned her for the rest of the school year.

What they didn't know is that she had to go back to America to take care of her uncle, fell in love with a god and had me, her demigod, troublemaker son.

I saw the look on Snape's face when he was told that she was remarried to another man and had a daughter - my stepsister.

"So," I started, after they finished explaining everything to me. "I have to sit on a chair whilst you place a hat on my head, which is somehow able to speak. It then talks and says a lot of different stuff, blah, blah, blah; eventually getting to the point where it says what "house" I'm going to be in."

"That's correct," the old lady - Professor McGonagall - said. "There are 4 houses: Gryffindor, for those who are courageous and brave; Ravenclaw, for those who are smart and wise." So, I'm not in the blue one, I thought. Good to know.

"There's also Hufflepuff, for those who are loyal and kind; and finally, Slytherin, for those who are ambitious and cunning." People seemed to tense at the that house. I was guessing it was not a popular place. When I turned to the table where students were wearing green robes, they all looked prideful and smug. I could instantly tell why people didn't like them.

"So," Hecate prompted. "What are you waiting for? Go up there and sit on the chair!"

Reluctantly, I walked up and sat on a stool. A moment later, someone placed a hat on my head.

My, my, the hat said out loud. I haven't seen one of you in a while. Let's see into your mind.

I felt my whole life flash in my mind. I saw all the deaths and regrets I ever had, forcing all the guilt to come back. I saw Tartarus, the first and second wars, and felt everything I had then in one bucket load of guilt.

Note to self: Never wear or touch a pointy hat.

Ooh, cliffhanger! I hope you enjoyed it!

Any creative critism is appreciated, but please be nice.

That's it for now.

Goooooddbyeeee!

Chloe :)