"Please, Diana" Charles didn't give up. "Let me explain"

"You want to explain how you basically called me a whore?" Diana was furious he had the nerve to show up like this.

"This was not what I meant! Come on, let me in, let's talk like adults" He pleaded.

Filled with hurt and anger again, Diana decided to say in his face that the relationship between them is only going to be public from now on. She unlocked the door and stepped aside, leaving Charles enough space to come inside.

He had a huge bouquet of flowers in his hand. Peonies and freesias.

"I called you" He said when Diana locked the door behind him.

"I know" She answered. Her tone was cold, she crossed her hands on her chest.

"I fucked up big time, but I wanted to apologize" Charles tried to hand Diana the flowers, but she didn't move. "You have every right to be mad" He placed the bouquet on the table and came closer to her. "I freaked out and said things I don't believe are true. I didn't want to hurt you Di, you have to believe me"

"What I believe in right now is that I should've never signed that contract" She smiled sarcastically.

"I'm glad you did. Otherwise I wouldn't get to know such an amazing person" Charles took a step towards Diana. "I just got scared. I've been cheated on before and I thought it might happen again"

"Our relationship is fake, Charles. Even if I did sleep with someone else, it wouldn't be cheating" Diana reminded the driver.

"I'm not talking about the fucking contract!" Charles rubbed his forehead. "Jesus, are you blind?"

"Great way of apologizing Leclerc, you did amazing. Get out" Diana started to walk to the door, but Charles grabbed her arm and pulled her closer to him.

They were standing close enough for Diana to feel his shaky breath on her face. He was wearing the same perfume he had when they first kissed and it made Diana's heart beat a little faster.

"I'm saying I like you" He tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, his fingers slightly brushed her cheek. "And I freaked out because of it. I couldn't stand the thought of you touching someone else the way you touched me. When I pictured you kissing another guy I could only see red"

"That doesn't justify what you said" Diana shaked her head and walked away from him.

"I know it doesn't. You have no idea how much I regret even implying that" Charles followed Diana, took her hand in his and placed a soft kiss on her fingers. "Scream at me if it will make you feel better. Hit me, call me names, I don't care. I could be on my knees for the rest of the weekend if that's what you want me to do. I'd do anything for you to forgive me"

"Yeah, right, I'd like to see that" Diana chuckled. Men would say anything to be forgiven.

Charles let go of her hand and slowly got down on both knees right in front of Diana's feet. He bowed his head, looking at her painted toenails. He seemed so sad and vulnerable Diana wanted to tell him to get up right away.

"I've never felt like this with anyone. No one has ever made me freak out because I didn't get a text back. I can't even begin to explain how you make me feel" He said quietly.