Daybreak 2: A Break for Now

As the competitors who had crossed the finish line eagerly awaited the next stage of the Desire Grand Prix, tensions began to rise within the group. Chiki's accusatory question directed at Nanshi cut through the air, causing a tense silence to settle among them.

Nanshi's expression tightened as he met Chiki's gaze. "I had a vision of the world I desired," he replied, his voice laced with defensiveness. "It's not about whether it's 'crappy' or not, but about the possibility of realizing a dream."

Chiki scoffed, his fingers still fiddling with his Buffa ID Core. "Idealism, huh? Some of us have more immediate concerns than your dreams."

Amber, still engrossed in the tablet, piped up with a hint of amusement. "At least we get free outfits out of this."

Nino's nervousness was palpable as he voiced his concern about his mother. "I hope this doesn't take too long. I need to be there for my mom."

Corey chimed in, enjoying the respite. "For me, this feels like a welcome vacation from my job."

Eclipse's absence didn't go unnoticed, his enigmatic presence creating an eerie aura.

As the group continued to navigate their personal dynamics and desires, the anticipation of the next game loomed. The Desire Grand Prix had brought them together under unique circumstances, pushing them to confront their motivations, fears, and hopes in a journey that was far from over.

Kohana looked at the time limit for the Treasure Hunt. "I'm sorry to say those who didn't find a Raise Buckle." Sixteen Riders were eliminated from the Competition.

The weight of tension and anticipation in the air was palpable as the group grappled with their individual concerns and motivations. Nanshi's dream-driven choices had sparked an exchange of words that revealed underlying tensions among the competitors, each with their own goals and worries.

Chiki's skepticism contrasted with Nanshi's idealism, Amber's lightheartedness offered a momentary distraction, and Nino's concern for his mother served as a reminder of the real-world stakes. Corey's enjoyment of the break provided a glimpse into his personality, while Eclipse's mysterious absence only added to the air of intrigue.

As the conversation unfolded, the group was interrupted by Kohana's announcement. The news that seventeen participants had been eliminated cast a solemn atmosphere over the Longue. The reality of the Desire Grand Prix hit home, highlighting the fragility of their positions and the challenges they were all facing.

The competitors exchanged glances, the camaraderie of the earlier moments taking on a new significance. The Desire Grand Prix had already proven itself to be a testing ground for their desires and strengths, forcing them to reevaluate their priorities and the lengths they were willing to go to achieve their goals.

With more games and trials ahead, the group braced themselves for the unknown, unsure of what the Desire Grand Prix would demand from them next. "You may return home … if you wish, I'll let you know when the Jyamatos attack or when the next round begins."

All the remaining Riders return home by taking out their ID core.

___________________

~Aragaki Household~

As Amber returned home, her entrance was accompanied by two vigilant bodyguards. The atmosphere in the house was tense, and the stern voice of a woman with bronette-colored hair cut through the air. "Where were you?" she demanded, her concern masked by frustration.

Amber hesitated for a moment before answering, "I was at a friend's house."

The woman's anger was evident as she slapped Amber, a mixture of worry and exasperation in her eyes. "I know you weren't. Your father had a tracking device put in you. I don't want to lose you again," she admitted, her emotions laid bare as she held her daughter tightly.