Jaded [Pt.1]

Taehyung, Jimin, Jungkook, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Seokjin

Taehyung, Jimin, Jungkook, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Seokjin. Sat around drinking while playing cards at Taehyung's house. They were aggravated that Namjoon sat out another night. Seokjin cleared his throat while fixing the hand he was dealt, “Ahem, we have to find a way to get Namjoon out of this rut.” Yoongi nodded, “I agree since Lily and Namjoon broke up. It's been this way sadly.” Taehyung had a lightbulb moment, “My sister says Lily will be in town. Tuesday is both their birthdays. I can get my sister to arrange something.” Jimin smiled, “We planned a house party for Namjoon hyung's birthday...” Jimin got cut off by the doorbell ringing. Taehyung went to check who It was. “Oh, Taeyeon-nie.” He smiled and opened the door for his sister. Taeyeon brought over some side dishes and food for Taehyung that their mother made for him. The guys carried on with their conversation while Taehyung and Taeyeon made some side dishes, pork belly strips, and Bulgogi... They brought everything to the table so everyone could eat.

Meanwhile, Namjoon woke up from his phone ringing. It was his dad telling him there was an emergency meeting with some clients on his birthday. After the call ended he threw his phone on the coffee table that was littered with pictures of him and Lily. He stretched out and then drank the open beer that sat on the coffee table. The parlor was lit up by the light that was on in the hallway. He grabbed a pic of her off the table staring deeply into it as if she was right there in front of him...tracing her lips, “I still love you, I miss you, I need you, SAVE ME! tried moving on, but my heart comes back to you. I love you, Lily... I love you so much.” Tears filled his eyes, he kissed her edges and put the picture down on the table drinking the rest of his warm beer and putting the empty bottle back on the table. He got a notification on his phone. It was a text,
Taehyung: Are you coming over hyung?
Namjoon: Just got up... I'll take a shower and head over.
He staggered to the bathroom and took a shower.

In the meantime, the conversation topic at the Taehyung's house was on and Lily. Jin looked at Taeyeon, “So I'm curious how is Lily doing?” Taeyeon was chewing on her food, “Lily is not herself, she works day and night to keep her mind off of Namjoon. Her mind always goes back to that day she caught him in bed with his ex and she breaks down.” Hoseok, “That's sad, but honestly, he was drugged and she had sex with him... not the other way around. So his ex could say she was pregnant with him. DNA test proves that isn't his though.” Taeyeon was in shock, “Really?! What the hell?! So she did it purposely?” Taehyung spoke in a sad tone, “Yeah, Taeyeon-nie, Yuri's best friend who works with Jimin had spilled the beans. I'll send you the screenshots.” Jimin, “Yes, it's true he sued her and won the case last week.” Taeyeon received the text from Taehyung, “Yuri is a sick bitch! I'll make sure I'll tell her.“ After sipping his beer Jungkook looked at Taeyeon, “By chance is she back in Korea?” Taeyeon nodded her head, “Yes, Lily has been back for two weeks. She is the CEO of her dad's company now. She found out her father has cancer. Lily came back home to spend time with her father. Since she is the only child in her family, the business will be passed down to her.” All the men were saddened by the news.

Jimin wanted to bring everyone's spirits up, “Umm, you know guys we have to help these two love birds back together. Since we rented out a beachfront estate for Namjoon's birthday. Let's make it a surprise birthday for both of them since they are born on the same day.” Yoongi added, “That's a good idea.” Taeyeon chimed in, “I'll break everything to her tomorrow about what's been happening with Namjoon. Just maybe... there can be hope for them both. I'll bring Lily to the party.” Hoseok smiled, “Seems everything is coming together. Pray all works out well for them.” Just then there was a knock at the door, and Taehyung went to answer it. Taehyung and Namjoon walked into the dining room where everyone was eating and drinking. Everyone gave Namjoon a warm welcome. Taehyung and Namjoon sat down with everyone at the table. Jimin came back from the kitchen with more beers. Namjoon took a bottle of beer from Jimin.

Everyone was laughing and eating while Namjoon was reserved. He knew Lily was best friends with Taeyeon. He debated briefly if he should ask Taeyeon about Lily. Taehyung put his arm around Namjoon, “Hyung, try to enjoy yourself tonight.” Namjoon looked at him and nodded still not feeling up to it he called out to Taeyeon,  “Yeonnie, have you heard anything from Lily?" After Taeyeon took a sip of beer she spoke in a soft tone, “Yeah, I have actually. I've been talking to her often recently.” Namjoon looked at her, “Can you text me her number please?” All the guys listened to the conversation as they sipped on their beer. Taeyeon, “She asked me specifically not to give her new number out to anyone. I'm sorry Namjoon I have to ask her first.” Namjoon retorted, “Please, Taeyeon... I... I need to talk to her.”
Taeyeon, “Namjoon oppa, she called me up a month ago, out of the blue. Lily is finally trusting people again. I don't want to break that trust.”  Hoseok, “Ask her over the phone.”

Taeyeon sighed, “Hobi oppa, I'll try.”  She attempted to call Lily. Meanwhile, Lily stayed late at the office filing the rest of her important documents. Her cellphone rang she answered, “Hey, Taeyeon what's up?” Taeyeon, “Hey girl, nothing much. I wanted to ask you a question?” Lily closed her laptop, “Yeah, Taeyeon what is it?” Taeyeon answered, “Namjoon wants to know if he could have your number?” The memories of his ex Yuri, sleeping on his chest naked vividly flash before her eyes. She dropped her phone and started crying. Taeyeon, “Hello...Hello, Lily, Lily are you ok?” She could hear Lily's sobs getting louder. Then the call ended. Taeyeon put her phone on the table. “That didn't end well!” Taeyeon said in a worried tone. Namjoon frantic, “What did she say Taeyeon?” Taeyeon pouted, “The mention of your name and she dropped the phone and cried.” Namjoon, “FUCK! All I want to do is talk to her. I BEG YOU TAEYEON GIVE ME HER NUMBER PLEASE!” Taehyung gave Taeyeon that, give it now look. She reluctantly gave Namjoon the number. He hugged and he left in a hurry. Jungkook went to follow him. Taeyeon told the other guys that she was going to check on Lily, She left and drove to the beautiful mirrored skyscraper where Lily's office was located.

[PART 2 COMING SOON]