Let The Investigation Begin!

Start from the beginning

He was going to be in our year, considering he was our age. However, Percy was going to get some private tutoring from each of the teachers so he could catch up.

"Kill me now," Percy said. He looked afraid when we mentioned he was going to have double the number of classes every week.

As he was walking and talking with Neville, I was discussing strategies with Ron and Hermoine. "We should do Truth or Dare," I suggested. "He'll eventually choose dare and we'll get him to show his tattoo. We'll do it with other people around, so it's not just us who sees it."

"If we ask him to play Truth or Dare so soon after last night, he'll get suspicious," Hermoine pointed out. "Our best chance is to discover his past. Find a motive for him joining Voldemort. We could use that information to make it seem like we're relatable to him. Make him hang out with us more."

"Um, shouldn't we be worried about Neville?" Ron points out. "I mean, he's hanging out with a Death Eater. We should warn him to be careful."

"That's actually a pretty good point." Hermoine says. "We'll do it after class."

"What is our first class, by the way?" I ask.

"Care of Magical Creatures!" Ron jumped up and down. His brother Percy was going to be taking the class with Hagrid for a while.

"I wonder what we're doing today. I bet we're going to do a unicorn!" Hermoine said, almost as excited as Ron. Almost.

When we arrived, we saw Hagrid and Percy Weasley talking in hushed but excited tones. They clearly thought that we were going to enjoy the lesson.

"All right everyone!" Percy called. "Come on in!"

Whilst everyone was gathering around him, Hagrid went off in the direction of his hut.

"Now, I hear that we have a new student. A Perseus Jackson?" Percy looked around, trying to identify the new kid.

"It's just Percy, thanks." Percy said politely. Boy, was this going to be confusing.

"Oh," Percy Weasley said. "Well, my name is also Percy. Do you mind if people call you Perseus in this class so there's no confusion?"

"I guarantee that I will still be confused, but fine."

"Thanks." Percy looked back towards us. "Now, today we're going to be doing something special. We're going to do a very rare species, so please treat this animal with respect and cautiousness."

As soon as he said that, Hagrid came up with a black horse. It looked elegant and regal. Then I noticed that it had wings.

" A Pegasus!" A girl in Hufflepuff squealed.

"That's right, lass!" Hagrid said. "This one 'ere is unlike any I've ever seen before."

"What's his name?" Hermoine asked.

"I'm thinking of going with Tom. I'm not sure, though." Tom looked like he didn't like his name.

Suddenly, it caught sight of Percy - not Percy Weasley, mind you - and galloped up to him.

"What? What 're doing?" Hagrid tried to chase him, but Tom was too fast. He clashed with Percy and began to let him stroke him.

"What the!" Percy Weasley said. "How did you do that?"

Percy chuckled and looked at the dragon trainer. "Well, he's my pegasus. Oh, and his name is Blackjack, mind you."

Percy's POV:

When Blackjack saw me, I knew he would come to me. I braced myself for the impact of a donut-eating pegasus. And sure enough, he came up to me and let me stroke him.

When I told the class that he was my pegasus and that his name was Blackjack, they all swarmed me with questions.

"How did you get a pegasus?"

"How his he black?"

"Can you ride a pegasus?"

"QUIET!!" Hagrid yelled. When there was silence, he began. "Perseus, how did you tame To—Blackjack? It took me all summer to get him to let me touch him."

"I have my ways." I said cryptically. "Hey Blackjack. And no, I don't have any donuts on me." I could tell that everyone was confused at that, but I didn't care. I hadn't seen Blackjack for a year, I just wanted to be in the moment.

Hey boss! Long time no see! Blackjack said.

Blackjack, you don't need to call me boss! I said in my mind.

Sure thing, boss! By the way, that guy reeks! It took forever to get his stench off in the lake.

Understood. I chuckled.

"Uh, Perseus?" Hagrid said. I realised that we were still in class. This'll be hard to explain.

You're on your own, boss. Blackjack said.

Traitor.

Ron's POV:

After a very vague explanation - if it can even be called an explanation - the class continued as normal, though Percy and Blackjack seemed to be communicating with their eyes. Whenever he looked nervous, Blackjack immediately looked in the direction of Percy, and he seemed to calm down.

"Dude, you have to tell us how you could calm down that pegasus!" I said to Percy when we were on our way to our next class. "Calming down a pegasus, no matter how tame, is extremely hard!"

"What can I say? I'm a natural!" Percy seemed very interested in his shoes.

But this wasn't over. Perseus Jackson, whoever you are, we're going to see just how good you are at keeping secrets.

Hello!

Thank you so much for reading. I hope you enjoy it!

Don't forget to comment and vote!

Au Revoir, my friends.

Chloe :)