Chapter 27

"I'm sure it is nothing. They were in a show together." Karishma tries to land the best explanation but she knows how bad this is for Haseena. They are going to suspect her to be one of his customers. Involved or not, this could ruin Haseena. "They've listed this... for evidence?"

"Not yet."

"Thank you for this." Karishma's eyebrows don't know how to untie anymore as she keeps them furrow long enough they become one big knot.

"You might want to let her and her lawyer know about this. I'm sure they have a good explanation for this. Still, it is good to be prepared." Captain Lanna knows that she is going out of her way for this but she has to do whatever it takes to get Karishma through this mess. It was hard to see Karishma got through one and it will be even harder to see Karishma get through another.

Karishma looks up from the paper to Captain Lanna and tries her very best to put on her polite smile. "I'll take care of this."

"If there is anything I can do—"

"You've already done so much, Aiysha, and I already couldn't thank you enough”. Karishma holds up the paper before folding it back into the pocket-size secret. "I'll get this."

"Alright. Let's order, shall we?" Captain Lanna sighs with a bit of relief that Karishma has taken this scenario rather well. She expected rage and confusion that could have pushed Karishma to the edge.

"Yeah. Sure." Karishma looks back at the menu and continues reading through the list of delicious-looking menu. "I'm starving."

"Chris wants to meet Haseena Malik..." Captain Lanna mentions her husband who has as tight of a relationship with Karishma as her. He is the one who encouraged her to step up and extend her hand for Karishma to take when she needed one.

Karishma smirks without taking her eyes off the menu. "I'll see what I can do."

Haseena looks at her phone that is set by her glass of water on the lunch table. She is waiting for Karishma's response to the restaurant's address she sent. It has been a good while and her message has yet to be responded. Now, she begins to realize how frustrating it was for Karishma when she couldn't reach her. It is the feeling of unknown. She doesn't know where Karishma is or what Karishma is doing. It is even more concerning when Karishma is a cop; although she is suspended, she is more than sure that Karishma can still manage to get one foot into something she shouldn't.

"So. Do you want to go full public with Detective Singh?" Garry asks between his bites of the heavy lunch. This relationship of Haseena doesn't concern him much as he secretly believes that it will end as fast as it happened. His only concern now is to pull Haseena's name as far away from Will Hughes's as possible. "You should probably go on a date publicly for a bit. Like walking on the bench or something. Let me know what you want to do. I'll manage the paparazzi."

"I can't get ahold of her." Haseena mumbles and continues her lunch that is seasoned with the irritation that is spilling out of her.

"Have you talked to her about this?" Garry asks and lets his eyes wander to Aanya who is sitting on his right. He can sense the moodiness from Haseena and he is a bit uncomfortable. He doesn't want to be a victim in the crime that Haseena might commit out of anger.

"Well." Haseena puts the fork down and drinks almost the whole glass of water to put out the flame of rage within her. "She doesn't mind people knowing about us but she feels like there are more than me and her in this relationship. She minds that. She hates that, actually."

"Wha-" Garry is shoved into a maze that he isn't prepared for and he is struggling; of words, of thoughts and of actions. What Haseena said just doesn't make sense to him and he is too afraid to ask for any repetition.