reminds me of childhood memories.

Start from the beginning

I felt like he was trying to protect me from whatever was hurting him, but I wanted to be as close to him as I could.
No matter how hard it was to be by his side not knowing what was actually going on, that day I had an idea that could've made him feel better, even if just for some time.

Tom was downstairs talking to his managers, who were yelling at him.
I could hear some part of his conversation, as they told him that he couldn't behave the way he did a few days before, and that he was lucky that the interviewer didn't sue him.

Tom, being himself, replied that he didn't care if he wanted to sue him or not, that he did the right thing and he wouldn't have let anybody disrespect me the way that man did.

I was upstairs, in my room, but I could hear him as if he was right next to me, considering that he was shouting at the top of his lungs.

I sighed, when he finally hung up, and I took a photo album out of my bag, with the intent of preparing a gift for Tom, in hope it would have made him feel better.

I grabbed some photos I took of him, Bill and the boys throughout the years, and I placed them carefully inside of the album.

Just a few minutes later, it was ready, and with a big smile I ran downstairs, happy to show Tom my work.

He was sitting at the kitchen's table, with a cup of coffee in his hands, while he was checking his work emails on the computer.

I walked closer to him still smiling, giving him a kiss on the cheek which made him turn to me, smiling back.

'Hey baby', he said, putting the cup on the table and turning his whole body towards me, with his hands on my waist.
'I thought you were studying.'

'I was', I said, showing him the photo album I was hiding behind my back.

'What's that?', he asked me pointing to the album and raising an eyebrow.

I took a stool and sat next to him putting the album in front of the both of us.
I then turned off the computer, pushing it away from us.
I wanted that moment to be ours only, without distractions, without work calls or bashing articles on the internet.

'This is a little something I made for you', I said, as I saw him lifting his gaze from the album to me.
'I know I can't do much for you right now, but I wanted to give you this, so you can always remember the beautiful man you are.'

I opened the album, and together we started to look at the photos I carefully selected.

The first one was a photo I took of him and Georg, when we were only 17 years old and we just arrived in Hollywood.
They were both sitting on a sofa, and what I loved the most about that picture was the way Tom was looking right into the camera, making a lot of memories come to surface.

Third person's POV - flashback

'Are you going to take pictures of us all day?', Tom said looking at the girl, who was able to capture that moment in her camera, right when he turned to her.