16. Small Things, Big Memories

Start from the beginning

I purged through the door, not thinking to knock. She was startled from the drinking of her coffee, almost spilling it all over the desk. "Did you finish coming up with the schedule for the upcoming meetings because they aren't on my desk?" not thinking, I knew the fumes of my body were making the room flame.

Even though it was not her fault, I was furious with her. And acting in this manner is selfish. After arguing with her, I knew I had to do something to keep her from seeing Blair.

"Look," I breathed out, "Can I take you somewhere?"

Despite our agreement to keep a friendly profile, I am anxiously awaiting her response. Nothing seemed to work despite my efforts to keep things from getting out of hand. If only Athena were able to adopt Elenor's methods. I'm trying.

"Are you kidding? Do you still have the guts to ask me that in light of what happened between us?"

I shuffled uneasily, trying to avoid eye contact with her. "I know I made a mistake, and I apologize." But, please, bear with me. Could you allow me to take you somewhere?"

"You're not getting it, are you."

"Let me," my voice softened.

"Where would you even want to take me?"

I knew she'd agree the instant those words slid from her mouth, and her intentions with Blair would be ruined, which was exactly what I intended in the first place.

"Let's just say you'll find out when you get there. I swear I won't do anything inappropriate. You're welcome to take the day off tomorrow." "I'll pick you up around noon tonight."

"12? "Are you on a mission to assassinate me?"

"Wear something nice," I said, before turning my back on her and walking away.

Present...

I promised her that I wouldn't act inappropriately, but I broke my word. When she was my comfort, I don't think I could ever respect a limit. I froze in her gaze, unwilling to let my lips leave hers. Her body stiffened up beneath my contact, I could feel it. She put her palm on my chest, groaned into my lips, and pushed me away from her.

As she gently pushed me away, a mix of guilt and desire consumed me. I realized at that moment how important it was for me to honor her boundaries and respect her wishes. It was a wake-up call, reminding me of the importance of self-control and the need to prioritize her comfort above all else. But I couldn't.

"Sir, why do you keep doing this?"

Without responding, I slid my palm across her face and drew her head into another kiss.

"I'm not ready," she said, softly tilting her head back. "nor in this way, nor this circumstance."

"What do you mean?" I said as soon as the words left her mouth.

She bowed her head and fiddled with her fingers, saying nothing.

It took me a while to understand what she meant. She was a virgin, which not many ladies had at her age.

"Look at me," he says. "Nothing is wrong with that, and I am sorry again for my honest mistake," I said as I tilted her chin up. "How about we go to my garden? I'll prepare something to help you feel at ease, and if you become tired, I'll make your bed. There is a sleepwear on the bedside."

She nodded.

I released my hands from her body and did the strangest thing. I untied her styled hair and looked at her flowing hair on her shoulders, "You look so beautiful like this. Do you remember telling me about you about my obsession with roses? In the front garden, I planted them and I want you to come explore it with me."