6: Potentially A Killer Party

Start from the beginning

"Wife?" She uttered, brows jumping to her hairline as she looked between Stefan and I.

I could feel the awkwardness radiating off of him. As he squirmed behind me under her gaze. It bothered me she didn't know already. Hell, she didn't even know my name.

"Yeah," Stefan confirmed. "In a couple weeks it'll actually be our first anniversary."

"Oh. Well... Congratulations."

"Thank you," I grinned. Lay on the charm, Kenzie. Be nice and sweet. Let her know that Stefan is happily taken with the right girl. No need for her to pine away. Or show her any cracks in our relationship that will give her an opening to try to steal him away.

"Wow, married," she chuckled. "I had no idea."

"Yes, married. We've been together for a few years now. Had a small ceremony," Stefan shrugged it off as if it was no big deal.

But it was. I knew it. She knew it. Wife was a monumental victory. Stefan came with baggage. A ball and chain that is me. His commitment to be with me, painted the perfect picture— He would not and could not be swayed away into some other girl's arms because she gave him a sob story or batted her pretty eyelashes.

"Cool. Well, I-I just wanted to let you know I used the last of the shampoo," Valerie said.

"Oh, no problem. I can buy more," I assured. Like a good little wifey. Running errands. Buying groceries. Taking care of my man so no one else thought they needed to. "I was just about to make breakfast. You hungry?" I asked her with a painted smile on my face.

"No. Not really. Thank you though... I should go put some clothes on," she said.

"Yeah. You do that," I replied. She came to tell him we were out of shampoo? As if there was only one bathroom in this mansion?

Valerie then left and Stefan placed his hands on my hips, spinning me around. "So you are going to burn the house down?" He asked with an amused smile.

I narrowed my eyes, "I can make my husband breakfast. You want Lucky Charms or Frosted Flakes?"

He laughed loudly, leaning down to kiss away my scowl. "I'm aware I didn't marry Betty Crocker, Kenzie Nicole. You don't have to put on an act. We're married. I think you got your territory marked with that huge ring," he told me, seeing right through me.

"I'm under the impression she still wants you. So yes, I do have to put on an act. I can't let her think you're unfulfilled in any way. So if you're starving. You lie and tell her your full. I know the secret to love is through food. That's how you got me."

He shook his head, "And here I thought it was my compassion. Or bravery."

"You dated my sister, of course it was the food."

He scoffed, "You have to start letting things go. I'm yours, baby girl."

"Tell that to Elena, Katherine, Rebekah, Caroline, and Valerie. You were mine then when they all made their moves on you."

"You're stressing me out," he said. "If I feed you, will you drop the attitude?"

I nodded, "Of course. I want stuffed French toast. Let's get dressed so we can go."

A knock to the front door, stopped us then. I furrowed my brows, heading to answer it and see who the hell was bothering us first thing in the morning. "I can explain!" Stefan shouted after me.

I pulled the door open to see Caroline. Ugh! I clenched my jaw and turned to my husband who raced to my side. "Morning," the blonde greeted without he usual chipper tone.